NRA is in deep financial trouble and may soon 'be unable to exist'

Without the inherent right of self defense the rest are meaningless and the NRA has done more to preserve that right than all of the other civil rights organizations combined.

The NRA is a terrorist organization that needs to be completely annihilated.

We all need to thank that great American Patriot David Hogg!

1 Like

So the NRA is the earliest civil rights organization in America? You stand by that claim?

I’m quite comfortable with it.

Nooo!! Don’t get him started. Lol!

1 Like

Screw it, i’ll add fuel to the fire. According to NAD (National association of the deaf) is the oldest civil rights organization.

http://nad.s1001.sureserver.com/blogs/01/30/2014/nad-oldest-civil-rights-organization-usa

1 Like

I know, but someday on his deathbed Rose will admit a fault based on my withered hand typing info on mattresses. But his will I’m sure will disavow his deathbed statements and blame them on his wife. (In this scenario I’m giving WildRose a hot young wife. I’m a good guy).

The NRA was founded in 1871.

So it did not start lobbying until 1934

And? I said nothing about lobbying.

According to the NRA website, its founder wrote in a magazine editorial that at its formation in 1871, “the primary goal of the association would be to ‘promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis.’”

Not civil rights.

They did nothing related to civil liberties until 1934. Prior to 1934, they were not a civil liberties organization.

I’m sorry. I’ve done a bad thing.

3 Likes

And again, the most basic civil right is the right of self defense.

Yes, training the people who defend our rights has nothing to do with preserving, protecting, or promoting our constitutional rights.

There may be a reality somewhere in which this is true, but not this one.

And the oldest civil rights organization in the US is…

Promoting rifle shooting is not a civil right.

Gun ownership and self defense are.

They were not doing anything about rights until that point.

That isn’t true.