NOT SORRY: Don Lemon Dodges Viral Video Mocking Trump Supporters, Says He Was Just 'Laughing at a Joke'

Originally published at: NOT SORRY: Don Lemon Dodges Viral Video Mocking Trump Supporters, Says He Was Just ‘Laughing at a Joke’ | Sean Hannity

CNN host Don Lemon deflected criticism this week after a viral video showed his panel publicly mocking Trump supporters as illiterate; claiming he “didn’t catch everything that was said” during the segment.

“This is personally important to me to address this. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I don’t believe in belittling people, belittling anyone… During an interview on Saturday night my guest said something that made me laugh, in the moment I found that joke humorous,” said Lemon.

“I didn’t catch everything that was said. Just to be clear, I was laughing at the joke and not any group of people,” he added.

CNN's Don Lemon responds to outrage over his segment where he and others mocked Trump supporters as rednecks

Lemon: “I didn’t catch everything that was said. … I was laughing at the joke and not at any group of people”

The joke was mocking a group of people: Trump supporters pic.twitter.com/21NOtCjTPT

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) January 29, 2020

Watch Lemon’s non-apology above.