Not 10,000 anymore . . . Amazon escalates to 18,000 job-cuts instead

Amazon isn’t just a bookseller.
It recently started doing a lot of its own delivering and recently announced it has excess space in its cargo planes and will address that

• It owns Whole Foods and the Washington Post.
  • It has projects in a Telehealth service,
  • a delivery robot
  • a kids’ video-calling device,
  • cloud computer,
  • voice recognition and
  • a video streaming including both
  • —Thursday Night Football and
  • —“Amazon Originals” (you know, because Hollywood just isn’t woke enough.)

Anyway the announcement came late in the same day that Salesforce announced it is cutting 10% of its workforce.

The article below reads in part

Amazon.com Inc. is laying off more than 18,000 employees — the biggest corporate workforce reduction in its history — in the latest sign that a tech-industry slump is deepening.

Chief Executive Officer Andy Jassy announced the move in a memo to staff Wednesday, saying it followed the company’s annual planning process. The cuts, which began last year, were previously expected to affect about 10,000 people. The reduction is concentrated in the firm’s corporate ranks, mostly Amazon’s retail division and human resources functions like recruiting. . . .

The Seattle-based company also is trying to align excess capacity with cooling demand. One effort includes trying to sell excess space on its cargo planes, according to people familiar with the matter.
Amazon Layoffs: Over 18,000 Jobs at Risk, More Than Planned - Bloomberg

I wasn’t sure where to post this, so I put it here

The overall market is obviously in a downbound trend for the year, but the last 9-12 days (Christmas season) show us trading in a rough range.

I’m still a bear, but I am taking it one day at a time.