Norwegian flag removed because someone mistook it for the Confederate

Owners of a Michigan bed and breakfast have removed a Norwegian flag outside of their business after being accused of promoting racism from people who think that it is a Confederate flag .

Kjersten and Greg Offenecker, owners of The Nordic Pineapple, hung the flag opposite of the American flag after they moved into the Civil War-era mansion in 2018, the Lansing State Journal reported. They took both flags down last week.

Years ago a DC official was forced to resign for using the word niggardly (meaning stingy). People accused him of using a racial slur.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/williams/williams020499.htm

Does anyone have other examples of ignorance or confusion resulting in cancelation?

Uneducated morons.

I doubt even the Norwegians care.

Yes, but it is pretty funny on some level.

This is what happens when people see white supremacists under their beds.

2 Likes

Tired of ignorant ■■■■■ being accomodated. The owners of the b & b should have left their flag in place.

1 Like

Ignorant ■■■■■ score 1. Owners of perfectly legitimate business 0. Got it :roll_eyes:

The owners should have left the flag in place and used it as an education opportunity.

1 Like

My bet is that they got tired of having to explain it.

1 Like

I get that too, but I’d put it on my website in a big disclaimer.

Don’t get me wrong, the spillover from Confederate flag and statue removal has been brutally stupid.

The solution is not to throw the whole thing out…which I know is the purpose of the right wingers reporting on stories like this…but to educate.

Unlike our Favorite President, Him I have little patience for the uneducated. Good grief.

Yeah… it’s a pretty stupid thing. But from this pic I can see why people would mistake the two flags.

inn flag

1 Like

Resulting in cancellation? Can’t think of any at this time, but how about willful ignorance resulting in inclusion?

George Floyd was killed in Minnesota. Why not display his image there and advocate for change in police departments there?

The cringe fringe bluenatics are encouraging the renaming of bird species to combat racism so really nothing is surprising anymore.

1 Like