North Korean Nuclear Program

How many successful launches have they had in those three years?

It’s brand new tech, it isn’t proven at least not by them.

I disagree and so does Pompeo.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also said Tuesday that reports of missile engine test facility dismantlement in North Korea are “entirely consistent” with the commitment Kim made to Trump in Singapore, and the US has pushed for inspectors to be present.

No he doesn’t. He says it’s being dismantled in accordance with their agreement.

Sorry, typo. The last 3 launches using the new engine have been successful demonstrations of the engine.

How many launches before you consider it consistent or proven?

Then why are they pushing for inspectors to be present?

Several dozen at least.

You claim to be pretty well educated so tell me what the value of a sample size of only three is?

Because we’d like to have inspectors present for all of it. With a surface facility like this it isn’t however necessary, it would be a show of good faith.

You know how many times they launched a Saturn V before putting men on it? Twice.

Man rating the Falcon 9 will take 7 successful flights.

Seems weird to push for something that is totally unnecessary. I stick with Occum’s razor.

Totally unnecessary? You folks wouldn’t be whining about the lack of inspectors on site if they had been present would you?

What? I imagine I wouldn’t bring up lack of inspectors if there were inspectors.

Seems weird to push for something that isn’t necessary. It’d be energy and leverage better spent somewhere else. Which is why I think you’re wrong about them being unnecessary.

We also made it to the moon with slide rules, pencils, and paper.

It was “the space race” and we took risks then the public would never tolerate today.

The engines of the Saturn V were well proven all the way up through the program they just added more and made them bigger using the same design.

Even at that, it wasn’t without failure.

There’s a reason we ran all of the unmanned flights early on to prove the tech and find the failure points.

Then you have absolutely no understanding of politics or public appearances.

The engine of the Hwasong-15 are just as well tested and North Korea willing to take even more risks than us.

That the best you got?

You’re the one that has no understanding of politics or public appearances.

No they aren’t, we tested those engines for a decade before putting men on top of them.

They were the same basic design as VB’s original engines.

If you can’t come up with your own material don’t steal mine.

Eight years, but pretty close. They weren’t that similar to von Braun’s, not any more similar than the vast majority of rocket engines.

If the North Korean engines are based on an old Soviet design which looks likely, then these engine have been tested even more.

Your material is weak. It amounts to “because I said so” with an topper of “you’re too dumb to understand why I’m right so I won’t make an argument”.

2 Likes

They were extremely similar as VB was still in charge of the program.

Again, we’re not talking about Russian or Ukrainian produced engines, we’re talking about NK produced engines and they have not proven to be able to produce them consistently by any means.