North Carolina General Election sample ballots out (partially) RFK remains on the ballot for the General Election

This ballot is for Alexander County, about 50 miles or so to the south south west of me. They don’t have the ballots for Surry County up yet.

Presidential tickets, in the order listed on the ballot:

Harris/Walz
RFKjr./Shanahan (We the People Party)
Oliver/Maat (Libertarian Party)
Stein/Ware (Green Party)
Terry/Broden (Constitution Party)
Trump/Vance
West/Abdullah (Justice for All Party)

Libertarians, Greens and/or Constitution are running candidates in several of the Council of State races. As it is mostly Libertarians and Constitution, will mostly work to the detriment of Republicans. Every race is likely to be close and every vote drained off could be critical.

One Supreme Court race and three Court of Appeals races. If the Republicans manage to pick up the currently Democratic Supreme Court seat, it would increase their majority to 6 to 1 on the Supreme Court. Republicans have 2 seats and Democrats have one seat up for election on the Court of Appeals, which will remain under Republican control regardless of this year’s results.

There is also a “red meat” Constitutional Amendment for restricting voting to citizens only, though that is already the law in North Carolina.

NC will go for Harris.

keep hope alive!

So did Democrats fail to keep West and Stein off the ballot then?

don’t know yet, these were sample ballots

There was no organized effort to keep Stein off the ballot. West was initially removed, but restored by the courts.

In any event, because the Constitution and Libertarian parties are also on the ballot, third party votes will likely cancel out to some extent.

Sample ballot for the unincorporated portions of Surry County.

In addition to the statewide races, we have Congressional District 5, Virginia Foxx. State Senate 36 and State House 90, neither of which are in doubt. A couple of unopposed local judge races. And a few Surry County and Surry County Schools races, most unopposed.

I have always wondered about the silliness of putting unopposed races on the ballot, rather than omitting them as Florida and other States do.

The local races are pretty much uninteresting, but all of the Statewide races should be a hoot to watch on November 5th.

BTW, looks like the sample ballots for Charlotte/Mecklenburg County are up, I believe a few people on here live there.

I always figured it’s worthwhile having unopposed candidates on there just in case a worthy write in campaign gets going.

But otherwise, I certainly don’t cast a vote for unopposed candidates.

Here, there has to be a write-in line to vote for a write-in. Meaning a candidate must have qualified as a write-in.

You cannot write-in where no write-in line exists and then only for a person who has qualified as a write-in.

On my ballot, only two races with write-in lines, one being President, the other being a Soil and Water Conservation District seat.

1 Like