No vaccine for New York

I just heard President Trump say that everyone was getting a vaccine but that New York doesn’t want it…

I guess it is two months too soon… it will never be the biden vaccine

1 Like

That will never fly and no one will stand behind Trump for this decision…although…I would deprive Governor Cuomo and I get to tell him…I call…no changes…no calls back. :sunglasses:

The Global War on Pandemics. :rofl:

1 Like

If the FDA approves distribution, I believe Cuomo is blowing smoke. He is likely to look the fool if he tries to use the police to stop drug stores from providing the drug.

"Big-box pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS say their facilities are fully equipped to store Pfizer’s vaccine.

“All of our pharmacies are equipped with refrigerators and freezers that would allow us to store the vast majority of the vaccines right there,” CVS Health’s lead pharmacist and senior vice president, Chris Cox, told ABC News."

Is that your statement? Or a quote of someone else’s?

Cuomo did lament that the vaccine is coming out under Trump’s watch. He didn’t say that he didn’t want it though.

And I haven’t seen a quote from Trump saying he would deny it to NY.

All the talk about pharmacies being the distribution channel seems misplaced. Even the linked article notes that the fast-track plan has the military distributing it. Not pharmacies.

And talk about cost (such as the statement that NY is broke) is also noise. The tab for it is going to be picked up by the government.

I don’t think we can rely on the Post to work down far enough down into those details.

My reading from this DOD link is the military is in charge of logistics, not distribution.

U.S. military personnel won’t be administering any COVID-19 vaccines to the American people once the vaccines are approved for use. But the U.S. military will lend it’s experienced hand in logistics to ensure the vaccine is available across the nation, said Paul Mango, the deputy chief of staff for policy at the Department of Health and Human Services.

That effort, Mango said, involves things such as needles, syringes, swabs, adhesive bandages, dry ice and trucks, for instance.

He is running his mouth because he doesn’t want it coming out during the Trump presidency.

What pettiness.

Lots of libs were saying that in their campaigns.

Example:

From your article:
“If the public health professionals, if Dr. [Anthony] Fauci if the doctors tell us that we should take it, then I’ll be first in line to take it,” Harris said.

“But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it — then I’m not taking it.”
Sound reasoning there. Trump suggested bleach as a cure, I didn’t listen to him and listened to Dr. Fauci and didn’t inject bleach. Trump using light internally as a cure, I didn’t listen to him and listened to Dr. Fauch and didn’t insert light probe in either end.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

It’s all about who one gets in the truck with…

You used to be better than this.

It’s sad to watch.

I haven’t changed since pre-election 2016.

But the perception has though since it’s really a comment about my never supporting Trump in the primaries, general, or personally as President.

It’s not that I’ve changed, it’s the cult of Trump that has changed and they won’t acknowledge the damage that Trump has done. I took the red pill and therefore wasn’t one of the “cool” kids anymore.
.WW, PSHS

2 Likes

"I believe it learns nothing from the past,” Cuomo charged. “They’re basically going to have the private providers do it, and that’s going to leave out all sorts of communities that were left out the first time when COVID ravaged them.”

The governor threatened to [slow-roll the desperately needed vaccine](Andrew Cuomo has a plan to slow roll COVID-19 vaccine in New York) in the hard-hit Empire State in September, citing his distrust of the president and claiming the process was “politicized.”"

What do you interpret “slow rolling” to mean other than blocking the early distribution of the vaccine? People could die from not getting it due to this “slow rolling”.

And those “private providers” are largely Walgreens and CVS, the same ones that store and deliver flu shots every year. The ones that already have the capacity to keep these deep frozen.
And what’s he blithering about "left out the first time when COVID ravaged them? There has never been a treatment or vaccine for COVID “the first time”.

Should the vaccine be sent to NY last because of what Cuomo said?

No. Cuomo should have been and should be ignored. The vaccine goes to the pharmacies that deliver it, and should have nothing to do with the state of NY. The FDA and the Federal Government have supremacy of this in my opinion. If Cuomo tries to slow roll it, bring a suit in Federal Court.

1 Like

I would deliver it to NY pharmacies last.

Yeah she’s a real piece of work. Her only concern is what is best for Kamala.

Cuomo wants to milk the distribution of the vaccine. If it goes through government channels, he can do that, through privately owned businesses, he can’t.

I’d give it to them first and monitor closely to see if they found some way to screw it up.

Those pharmacies have the equipment and training to deliver this immediately. They do it all the time with flu shots.
They do the COVID testing now.
It makes no sense to create a whole new bureaucracy to slow walk this just so we can say “the government is the only one that can save us, the Biden vaccine saved us”.
Sorry. It was the drug companies and the pharmacies, not the government.