No More Travel to Cuba

Maybe we won’t have to bomb them now.

[/quote]

Trump doesn’t give a ■■■■ about Cuba. He’s kissing the ass of the republican Cubans in Florida.
[/quote]

Absolutely. He’s in love with Kim Jong Un, though.

A coward always punches down.

I will let her know

It’s a really great story how that came to be.

I trust you are being ironic and/or sarcastic.

Once Donald gets his chain of golf resorts up near Pyongyang it’ll be the sweetest spot for American tourists in the Far East.

Besides, Jong Un is very, very nice to Donald. Wrote him a sweet letter and he loves his people to boot.

Those Dominicans are the best cigar rollers. They are great at rolling crepes too.

The whole situation with Cuba is embarrassing for the US. During Castro’s reign he effectively told America to go ■■■■ themselves.

Its weird how US foreign policy seems to consider Cuba this huge existential threat to the world and restricts its citizens from traveling to Cuba and doing business with Cuba yet quite happily trades and talks with other nations that are real threats.

You don’t understand the political history of the situation.

Yes I do. Its not that complex or nuanced. US foreign policy has completely mismanaged Cuban foreign policy ever since Castro seized power.

No, you don’t.

Yawn - Perhaps its Americans that dont understand the issue - hence why its such a mess.

Ok, if you say so.

From 1898 until the Cuban revolution, the United States presided over a series of tin pot dictators in Cuba. Frankly Castro was the United States deserved karma for our abusive foreign policy.

Castro died of natural causes, having made fools out of the United States for half a century. All our attempts to overthrow him or assassinate him came to naught.

3 Likes

Yeah, if you consider 90 degrees and 90% humidity perfect.

When Jefferson Davis was Secretary of War under Franklin Pierce he advocated annexing Cuba to expand slave states.

The US’s bad policy towards Cuba is as old as the hills.

Good job on realizing I was right. Its liberating isnt it!!!

1 Like

Northwest North Carolina is about as far “south” as I care to be. :smile: I have known quite a few people who initially sampled Florida in retirement, found the Florida wet season to be too much heat and humidity and relocated to South Carolina or North Carolina. My sister and her husband who have lived most of their lives in Florida are now summering not too far from where I am currently building, though they are just over on the Virginia side.

I might visit Florida and Cuba in December or January when the weather is relatively decent, but neither place is my idea of a comfortable climate.

They’re retirees. They typically don’t perform manual labor in the southern sun.

I’ve done so. On days of 95 degrees with nearly 100% humidity. Mississippi isn’t any better than Florida or Louisiana in that regard. It’s God awful working outside in that environment.

The good thing is that as long as you drink plenty of water you will eventually get to the point where you can tolerate it. You never enjoy it though.

1 Like