No more johns in Manhattan

"The Manhattan district attorney’s office announced Wednesday that it would no longer prosecute prostitution and unlicensed massage, putting the weight of one of the most high-profile law enforcement offices in the United States behind the growing movement to change the criminal justice system’s approach to sex work.

The district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., revealed the new policy as he appeared virtually in court to ask a judge to dismiss 914 open cases involving prostitution and unlicensed massage, along with 5,080 cases in which the charge was loitering for the purposes of prostitution…"

Good.

Would like to see greater protections for sex workers, but this is the correct decision.

4 Likes

Also…six thousand case dismissals request. That’s not nothing.

4 Likes

Whoring between consenting adults shouldn’t have ever been illegal.

10 Likes

No argument here. I’d like to see policy that discourages pimps and trafficking, like maybe a $20, 000, 000 licensing fee.

I may agree with that, but I do worry about increased trafficking and exploitation with such a decision.

$20M? Traffickers would be the only ones who could pay it.

Just let them open whore houses and the pimps go away.

Spaniards run good houses.

Why? Trafficking and minors will still be illegal.

Was kind of tongue-in-cheek. Dealing with sex traffickers starts with better port inspection. And punching the Israeli and Russian mobs in the gonads.

You need to edit that post and quickly.

Thx. Didn’t realize wasn’t filtered.

1 Like

Diminutive for Richard.

Nevada just lost its monopoly.

I am celebrating with a Woka Cola.

Not really…all the state sanctioned vice is not going to make our society a better one

:game_die:

Waste of resources anyway. Now whorehouses can afford STD testing.

1 Like

State sanctioned… absence of law is not the sanctioning of an act. That’s some scary thinking unless i am misreading

4 Likes

It’s the same swab one for nose one for the …

All in one no covid no chlamydia!

It is a big step there.

Lack of enforcement is tacit approval.

Just Like the Biden clarion call across the border.

Are the two actions connected?

As it should be. I would support prostitutes being liable for spreading STD’s to their clients. Keep it clean and legit.

1 Like

So deregulation of environmental protections by an administration is tacit approval or is it based in self policing?

Trafficking is still illegal. The Biden based Tourette’s is weird

I disagree that this is “state sanctioning”.

No one gets STDs from pros. It’s bad for business.

2 Likes