Nice Going Harris County DA

The blood of this officer is on your hands.

The suspect, Elmer Manzano, a convicted felon with multiple prior assaults on his record was in custody, detailed just a day before this tragedy occurred. On October 18, HPD Officers responded to a call from Mrs. Santos, stated that her ex-husband, Elmer Manzano, was at the location brandishing a gun threatening Mrs. Santos and her children. HPD Officers took Elmer Manzano into custody that day but Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg declined to take charges, instructing Officers to release him, and return the six bullets he had in his pocket, he was also allowed to keep his gun which he claimed was locked in his safe.

Another Soros bought and paid for DA

https://www.chron.com/politics/article/Billionaire-Soros-makes-500-000-ad-buy-for-9970130.php

I believe he was illegal.

Is Houston a sanctuary city?

Not officially I don’t think, but yes.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Opponent-says-DA-Kim-Ogg-responsible-for-15662409.php

Reading more, I don’t feel like we’re getting an honest assessment from the op link. Not sure what I think about it all.

What’s in dispute?

Good Lord. The lady is a nut!

I’m confused… so he was arrested for threatening his wife with a gun and they arrested him and had bullets in his pocket but they didn’t confiscate the gun? Did they let him lock his gun back up in a safe before taking him in?

Paywall

Dude, you know as much as the rest of us do based on the link in the OP. Even though his wife said he was threatening her with a gun on the first call, by the time PD arrived he may have locked it in the safe. They would have no legal option to seize the firearm at that time. The DA could have ordered the gun seized but thought it would be better to let someone with a history of domestic violence keep it.

They should have sent a social worker on a call like that.
What a cluster fox trot! A 41 year LEO veteran. That DA has to go.

1 Like

Now the same DA who let this scumbag go, is going to have to prosecute him on capital murder charges.

Odds are since she’s a Soros drone, the death penalty will be off the table.

Houston is special.

1 Like

We have the same problem here. The Ninth Judicial Circuit State’s Attorney is a Sorosbot who refuses to bring the death penalty to capital crime cases. The Governor transferred all capital cases to other jurisdiction for prosecution. Her probable replacement, Monique Worrell is even worse.

He is illegal. Wife called on him on the 17th and 18th.

Sounds like the cops screwed up.

Many liberals argue we need more progressive DAs and relaxed incarcerations combined with easier bail rules. The anti-police narrative is working splendidly.

I bet some groups are already celebrating on FB.

How so?

from the houston chronicle

The division chief reviewed the case involving the Oct. 18 incident and told the officers, “If you believe her, that’s terroristic threat,” Schiller said.

The division chief, Jim Leitner, reported the officer said he did not believe an offense had been committed or that a charge was necessary, according to the DA’s office.

“It’s pretty tough to go against an officer who said no crime occurred,” Schiller said.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Opponent-says-DA-Kim-Ogg-responsible-for-15662409.php

one of the cops who was shot was the one who said no crime occurred

Must. Protect. Narrative.

Big ole paywall so can’t read that. The DA is completely exonerated as just revealed though other sources apparently. It’s the officers own faults. Now that they’ve gotten their marching orders, I can’t wait to be blessed with a lineup of defenders.