New York Representative Peter King will not seek reelection

I’m aware.

Ok, MI5

Sure you’re for a united Ireland. There’s nothing romantic about violence nor liberation. Demanding peaceful means from a colonized country only serves imperialists. Moderates such as yourself are useful idiots for colonial power.

2 Likes

The IRA are and have been a nasty lot for decades participating in and responsible for the slaughter of innocents no different than Hezbollah, ISIS or the Khmer Rouge. But what exactly is the IRA connection to Peter King again?

"In the 1980s, King was closely linked to the nationalist fundraising group Noraid and proclaimed: “If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it.

In 2011, the congressman defended his support, telling broadcaster CNN: “I knew what was happening in Northern Ireland, and with the IRA. The IRA was a legitimate force, they’d been there for 40 years, 60 years, any way you want to look at it.”

How many Irish did the english kill?

Supporting people who put bombs in pubs isn’t edgy, mate.

Its pathetic and tiresome.

Jump another bandwagon

Loads over the years.

Rather similar to America and the indigenous people there.

Ah, The Myth of the Noble Redman

Well done.

There not much nobility in being butchered en mass in your own home, whether you’re irish or native american.

Equally, planting bombs during remembrance day services isn’t very noble IMO

1 Like

He didn’t call them “noble.” It’s a fact that Europeans slaughtered millions of American Indians.

Yes.

I’ve gotta give you props for this. It’s a rare thing around here when people acknowledge the other side of the aisle.

1 Like

No, it actually isn’t. And there’s the myth.

Aren’t we all?

You don’t believe that Europeans intentionally caused the deaths of millions of American Indians?

Good riddance to bad. Rubbish.

Allan

The millions of native north and South Americans who died might want to disagree with you on this point. If they could talk. Dead men tell no tales. The genicode of those people cannot be questioned.

Carry on.

Allan

Intentionally though conquest and unintentionally via disease.

Allan

I know they didn’t. The vast majority of dead Indians were killed by disease and other Indians.