New York City SitRep

Wife’s company is dealing with this, Interestingly they are starting to come to grips with their classcist and yes racist assumptions that the peons can’t be trusted to work from home but the mostly elite white management class can be. So that’s good.

1 Like

You either produce or you don’t.

What I hate is the overseeing of time on the computer from 9 to 5. People need to get up, walk around. Throw some laundry in.

At the end of the day, if they’ve met the goal great. If they’ve exceeded to goal even better.

If they haven’t then cut them. There are plenty of people who’d give their eye teeth for the opportunity.

1 Like

My sister (accountant) works from home, says her office is more productive than before. They were going to have to upscale their office just before this hit, now they’re thinking of downsizing and continuing work from home with a small office presence.

If this is a microcosm of what’s going on in New York, short term I can see real estate values plummeting, higher taxes to make up for shortfalls in the budget, and an overall decline in quality of public services.

Long term, after they’re able to get crime under control, and AOC starts begging businesses to come back with tax incentives, the filthy rich will buy up all the cheap real estate and have another go.

Yep this, not different really, if you can fire them for non-performance of their duties you can do it whether they are in a physical office or not in a physical office.

Plus hope this work from home thing sticks because, work from home or work from a tropical climate in the winter, same thing and I HATE WINTER.

I heard on the news yesterday 13,000 unoccupied apartments in Manhattan. Sounds like a lot.