New Jersey woman fighting eviction blows herself up in house full of cats

One thing I have avoided, as much as possible, in this life is being a landlord. I have had it thrust upon me for a couple of brief periods, once while handling the affairs of a mentally failing aunt and another by inheritance. I unloaded the inherited rental as quickly as possible. :smile:

Even though I now live in a State that is highly favorable to landlords, it is still something I would avoid.

Far more of a headache than it is worth.

1 Like

Aloha snackbar.

2 Likes

Feel terrible for the cats. If she wanted to end herself, her business but the animals didn’t have to die.

1 Like

Good and bad landlords just like they are good and bad tenants.

Before my wife moved in with me she rented a house and the landlord was amazing. When she hit on hard times he worked with her and could not have been more understanding. When she left the property (in good standing) she got her full deposit back and he offered her a job cleaning up rentals as he told her she did a better job of cleaning it up than the people he uses to come in behind a tenant to clean up. :smile:

Looks like more to the story for motive

Other neighbors gathered outside the scorched residence told the radio station that the woman’s boyfriend had been trying to evict her for several years, but his efforts were hindered temporarily by Gov. Phil Murphey’s pandemic-era eviction ban

Lock down blowback playing

1 Like

The woman was deranged. She was described as a “cat lady” in the OP article. I don’t think the fact that the cats would die ever entered her addled mind.

1 Like

1 Like