New Jersey feel good plastic bag law

Or bloodstreams

I never asserted cost was my reasoning. Just that I wanted to keep using plastic bags. I only mentioned price because it wasn’t an issue.

So why the desire to use something known to be detrimental to basically everything when it’s no longer necessary?

1 Like

It’s easier.

2 Likes

No it’s really not easier in any way

7 Likes

Dallas had a law like that. It’s suburbs did not. They were killing Dallas stores and angering constituents, so it was repealed.
I use my plastic sacks from the store as trash can liners. If I did not have them, I would be buying trash can liners which would just result in more plastic bags being manufactured.

6 Likes

You sound like a spoiled millennial.

2 Likes

Don’t eat the bags or use Chinese toothpaste

1 Like

I’m spoiled Gen X

Irony. That’s been you for the last 14 months

4 Likes

It’s not Virtuous to use recycle bags.

It’s common sense.

Carries more weight than plastic.

Allan

1 Like

And extremely shortsighted

1 Like

Those plastic bags are made with cornstarch and decompose naturally.

DItto lawn-leaf bags and so many more things that people decry.

The fact that people see them is because of a littering problem, not the fact that they’re plastic. Heck, I wonder how long it takes for all the discarded masks to decompose…

But if the stores are going to go back to paper bags, I’m all for that!

2 Likes

If you’re bringing a bag from home, why is it easier to bring plastic than canvas?

Couldn’t give a damn. I’ll do what’s easier for me.

1 Like

But it really isn’t. It’s just stubbornness

cat hysteria

3 Likes

It’s obviously not any easier.

1 Like

The plastic bags are super easy. Small form factor and easy to use. Not even close to canvas. I can bring 20 in and it takes up super little space. Then if there are any spills or leakage, I just toss it.

6 Likes