New Army Green Uniform (pinks and greens) coming into use

Officer and enlisted versions of the new Army Green Service Uniform (colloquially known as Pinks and Greens).

Same uniforms, just with the new Garrison Cap instead of the Service Caps shown above.

As I believe is currently the case, lower enlisted will only be required to purchase the Garrison Cap, while the Service Cap will be mandatory for NCOs and Officers.

I like this uniform and hopefully the Army sticks with it for the long haul.

I believe it is already authorized for wear by all Soldiers and will be issued to incoming recruits starting with new Soldiers entering basic training in early 2021.

There will be no Sam Brown Belts with these new uniforms.

That ought to fix morale and toxic leadership.

2 Likes

I never heard “pinks and greens”. That uniform is called your “Class A”s.

1 Like

“Pinks and greens” is a nickname from the World War II era.

Obviously, not the name of the uniform, but a reference to a nickname long in use.

Garrison cap had a crude name.

2 Likes

Seems like we called them campaign hats.

That “service cap” looks like it was modeled after the SS cap. They need to call it the Auschwitz cap or the Himmler cap. The “Reinhard Heydrich” cap has a nice ring to it.

We called them â– â– â– â–  caps.

2 Likes

That’s not what we called them.

Yes we did!

1 Like

I used to keep a spare in my office. If I wanted to bug out early, I’d check with my Division Officer and leave my cap and a pack of smokes and a lighter on my desk. Anybody who came by the office would see them and think I was still in the squadron area. I was actually to the Chief’s Club! :wink:

I refused to have to go to the O Club to check with my Division Officer so I could bug out early to go to the Chief’s Club.

I just bugged out early.
.WW

What?

It’s not as funny if you have to explain it.

But here you go.

I was going to bug out. But being in aviation, the Division Officer had already bugged out and gone to the Officers Club.

If I were to check with the Division Officer before before bugging out, I’d have had to go to the O Club to find him.
.WW

Gotcha