NBA postpones Wednesday’s playoff games as players protest shooting of Jacob Blake

Y’know the reaction to this is just going to breed more of it. Even people who are apolitical pay ■■■■■■■ attention when athletes make a big deal about it.

I actually just checked on wiki and i missed something - in early 2000, about six months after he retired and involved in a dispute over the signing bonus, Barry and his agent offered to return the entire bonus to the Lions in exchange for a release or a trade so he could play for anyone else. Lions wouldn’t budge, so retired he stayed.

There is a word get woke go broke and ratings had dropped 40% And now blue checkers are cheering this NBA boycott because of the shooting of Jacob Blake? haven’t they seen the news on him who he was?

Because Dana White and UFC are doing it the right way.
You want to talk politics? do it outside of the sports.

leftist politics is ruining everything in society

why should sports be any different

but no one will understand unless you kneel on the field/diamond/court (and soon a rink near you)

On Twitter i am seeing this.

“No NBA Games Until you arrest the cops that killed Breonna Taylor,Elijah McClain and paralyzed Jacob Blake would be quite the statement.”

Its clear that some of those on twitter dont even watch nor haven’t watched any of these game. These blue checkers have being quit on the rioters and rioting that destroyed business.

unless you kneel on the field/diamond/court (and soon a rink near you)

Or threaten you at restaurant for being white. Or ask you whatever or not your a Christian or catholic?

1 Like

That’s funny that you tried to negate my point with your imagination.

However in reality these images taken at official events.

Not to mention all the press conference clips I could dredge up.

So you’re completely wrong, and like I said, it seems weird to think that I have to agree with every athlete or celebrity’s politics.

1 Like

There is a difference between supporting a candidate and pushing canceling,boycotting if a UFC fighter supports Biden i am sure they would be wearing a Biden T shirt and no one would have a issue with. But this is about BLM we are talking about.

The same BLM rioters which had being rioting and looting and destroying small business. I have no issues if you want to be potical or support a candidate but what these NBA players are doing is to woke.

Its not a surprise why the ratings are dropping.

Yeah but protest and boycotting to show support for someone who had a warrant? noicte how the media and BLM were quiet when a black suspect killed a white boy? why?

BLM are also quiet when white people are killed by the police officers.

I find it super weird that not wanting to be murdered by police, while unarmed, is so polarizing.

I’d also add that there are more important things in life than television ratings. I fully realize our President disagrees. The idea that television ratings should entice the players to continue despite the circumstances? Sad.

Some baseball games have also been cancelled

Are overpaid athletes about to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?

They make too much money and multi-millionaire African American athletes whine that they’re treated like slaves and the NBA can’t have “owners” any more because that triggers them.

I’m ready to not watch another NBA, NFL or MLB game.

My thoughts exactly. I recall hearing a bunch of players on the Marlins tested positive. I figured they all shut down.

Ohhhh noooo. Please come back. Don’t do this. We all need you. This hurts so much…

Seriously though, they need to get out in the streets. This thing ain’t real until we see video of lebron with a big screen and a stack of nikes, doc rivers tagging some gov’t buildings or steph curry hurling pee bottles at the fuzz.

Posers!

And they shouldn’t recover, let them shoot themselves in the foot, or I should say in the back!

I just wonder how Blake thought things would turn out when he resisted arrest and tasers didn’t work. I heard his mother say that her son knew how it would turn out so was this an intentional “suicide by cop” because he put himself in a position to be shot at close range in the back. I saw the video and IMO his actions are to blame.

Sports teams can play “suicide by PC” if they want but they will deserve what they get.

1 Like

I wonder how would the MSM react if Blake killed the cops or injured one of them? i fear some Crimnals would be using “Race card tokness:” to get away.

1 Like

Exactly… it’s a license to get away with committing crime and stoking anarchy. All these BLM riots are based on a false premise anyway because it’s a flat out LIE that blacks are targeted by law enforcement, they even push that nonsense in cities where the majority of law enforcement is black.

1 Like