National Archives Slaps ‘Harmful Content’ Warning On Constitution, All Other Founding Documents

That’s just silly.

1 Like

Start a movement… I don’t care

We have some Native American statues that are murderers or “savages” like the founders called them. Should those go too?

And, you are wrong…again.

Conservatives are the literal creators of trigger warnings before content. MPAA, RIAA etc.

Do you want to get rid of movie ratings? TV ratings? Music ratings?

Not attacking. Simply acknowledging our history, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

A lot of the bad and ugly was historically minimized, which has resulted in a lot of that bad and ugly to still play a negative role in our society.

Just like I thought you love your killers and it is not a state statue. It was put up on federal federal land in August.

I just said I don’t care about those statues. Take them down if you want…

What about the Native American ones?

Did they define a few of their most harmful examples so we don’t have to guess?

Badge of Honor

I love this one. I hope the finish it!

Funny thing is unlike you I don’t get offended by statues.

2 Likes

When I was growing up there was the ubiquitous “Viewer Discretion Advised” in front of any content that could be found objectionable.

No one made a stink about it then.

Not sure why a content warning is all of a sudden anathema to the security of the free state.

What changed that it is needed in 2021?

In the founding documents?

This isn’t silenced on the catalog.

And even though I understand the context of the time this was done… I can still understand why it would be offensive.

It’s offensive because it was meant to offend.

No one is silencing this, but instead saying something along the lines of “we know it is offensive but we are leaving this up because it is important to history”

1 Like

Your not offended? I am sure Crazy Horse probably murdered several white people. Probably had a few white slaves as well.

1 Like

WWII offended a few people.

No. I’m not offended with anyone defending their homes. He fought a war. And he lost. But I admire his warrior spirit.

2 Likes

And this is how we all should look at all United States history.

1 Like

Agreed.

1 Like

I guess that would depend on the statue… :rofl:

1 Like