National Archives Slaps ‘Harmful Content’ Warning On Constitution, All Other Founding Documents

The National Archives Records Administration placed a “harmful content” warning on the Constitution, labeling the governing document of the United States as “harmful or difficult to view.” The warning applies to all documents across the Archives’ cataloged website, including the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.

“NARA’s records span the history of the United States, and it is our charge to preserve and make available these historical records,” the administration said in a statement. “As a result, some of the materials presented here may reflect outdated, biased, offensive, and possibly violent views and opinions. In addition, some of the materials may relate to violent or graphic events and are preserved for their historical significance.”

Outstanding! The Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights are outdated, biased and offensive. According to the central government.

I wonder, does it apply to Public Accommodation Laws and SCOTUS edicts?

What a country! CT is really working!

5 Likes

I am fairly convinced I have slipped into some sort of alternate reality at this point.

4 Likes

Woke World

2 Likes

Well, the physics many worlds theory does say there is an infinite number and therefore any possible configuration of reality exists. I don’t know which choices I made to land me in this unlikely. one.

2 Likes

It isn’t a harmful content warning on the Constitution but on some of the content held in the archives.

The Federalist is lying to you.

3 Likes

Sure, sure.

2 Likes

“Mostly True”

1 Like

Those pesky details ruining a good pearl clutching thread again…

1 Like

2 Likes

We believe Snopes again? :grin:

You do. Pesky details

1 Like

For anyone who cares… here is the actual warning.

It isn’t on the Constitution or the Bill of Rights but on records include the terrible views on race and sex of some of those who came before us aka pretty much anything from the 1700’s, 1800’s and most of the 20th Century.

It may be silly, but not really worth clutching one’s pearls.

1 Like

Of course. Wokesplain’in

3 Likes

By the way, I’m not “clutching pearls”. I"m admiring. And laughing.

1 Like

Nothing these woke libs say or do surprises much anymore. :roll_eyes:

What a mess they are creating in this country.

3 Likes

Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Bill of Rights.

Killing Liberalism. Tsk, tsk.

I’m sure you are…

Does it really matter whatever label/ warning they put on it? As long as they’re not changing anything in those documents…What does it matter?

“What does it matter if we label the 3 greatest political documents ever written as biased and offensive! Does it really matter? At this point… what difference does it make?”

Those 3 documents are the very foundation of liberalism for the western world. What does it matter?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Is there anything offensive or biased in those documents?