National Archives Slaps ‘Harmful Content’ Warning On Constitution, All Other Founding Documents

The constitution survived a civil war. I wasn’t there but I’m told it was pretty bad. I think we can endure this warning.

Trying times.

3 Likes

Yea because all of history should be judged thr WokeFolk’s viewpoint today … right now…even though the Wokesters of 2021 have managed to break pretty much everything they have touched.

From the dailymail…headline “ A trigger warning for the Constitution’: Fury as woke National Archives adds ‘harmful language alert’ to America’s founding documents”

The story…” The National Archives has added a ‘harmful language alert’ label on the nation’s founding documents including the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence as part of a new ‘anti-racism’ policies put in place by a task force…The move by the institution, which is also considering retiring the term ‘charters of freedom’ since the founding documents did not grant liberty to everyone, has prompted furious reactions online.”

Later in the same story…” Earlier this year, the task force produced a 100-page report blasting its own headquarters’ Rotunda for ‘structural racism’ over paintings it displays which are said to depict the United States’ white founding fathers in too positive a light…According to the authors, the Rotunda’s famed murals depicting scenes such as the sighting of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution are insufficiently tempered with depictions of Native Americans being driven off their land by settlers.”

Personally I m sick of the idiot Woke Mob trying to cram everything into its own little immoral moral bubble.

2 Likes

Looking into it even more… this applies to the National Archives Catalog which is a wholly separate thing from the National Archives website on the Constitution.

You can find pictures from things like the Manzanar relocation camp or primary sources on post Civil War Reconstruction.

This isn’t about putting a warning on the Constitution.

The Federalist is lying to you.

2 Likes

It doesn’t put a warning on the Constitution.

They are making up outrage for the culture war.

Didn’t we do this a little bit ago with Dr Suess?

Where is this warning supposed to appear? I just went to archives.gov and was able to view the Constitution and the DOI and did not see any warning.

1 Like

Yes actually it does. The more the lunatic left gets away with portraying our founders and the basis of our founding as some kind of illegitimate product of racism the more the lunatic left seems to thinking has the right to change that founding, erase our history, and implement stupid lunatic left wing ideas.

3 Likes

It’s red meat for the MAGA people.

“We can’t hide them away yet, so let’s put a trigger warning on them so nobody reads them. That way we can murder liberalism!”

No.

Sure dude …

The smartest guy in the room has spoken.

Whatever blows your skirt up.

1 Like

What does CRT say? “We just want to teach real history!”

Have to say, I went to the archives and couldn’t find any content warning on the constitution or declaration of independence.

What is wrong with telling the complete history?

While I don’t agree with the idea of relegating everyone pre 1970 to the dustbin of history because they held terrible and wrong views on quite a few things… the opposite of response of ignoring it and continuing the unabated hero worship is just as wrong.

Tell the whole story. I don’t see why people have a problem with that.

3 Likes

Go to archives.gov and click on “America’s Founding Documents”. That takes you to a page that has The Constitution, the DOI, and the Bill of Rights. No warning.

The warning is on the catalog website… the place where one can search images of primary documents scanned into the archive.

It is saying that some of those documents may contain things that include outdated views.

Applying that warning to the Constitution is a leap in logic that is meant only to promote outrage for fun and profit.

3 Likes

Says a lot more than that.

Have to agree. They didn’t say everything in the archives was problematic.

3 Likes

Did you read it?

Did they specify what isn’t?