NASTY IN NY: De Blasio Slams ‘Sad’ Shutdown, Says NYC Will ‘Continue to Function’

Originally published at: NASTY IN NY: De Blasio Slams ‘Sad’ Shutdown, Says NYC Will ‘Continue to Function’ | Sean Hannity

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio weighed-in Monday on the federal government’s partial shutdown over border security; calling the development a “sad moment for America” but reassuring Big Apple residents their “city government” will “continue to function.”

“[President Trump’s] shutdown is a sad moment for America. But I can assure the people of New York City that their city government will continue to function,” posted de Blasio on social media.

.@realDonaldTrump’s shutdown is a sad moment for America. But I can assure the people of New York City that their city government will continue to function. pic.twitter.com/Lsl2inOTlr

— Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) December 24, 2018

De Blasio’s comments come just weeks after a mild, seasonally average snowstorm brought the nation’s largest city to a total standstill; with residents calling for the mayor to resign after countless New Yorkers were stuck in snarled traffic for upwards of seven hours.

The bill CR never got to Trump to veto and start the Government shutdown, that honor goes to The Senate, led by Chuckie Schumer!

Someone might want to clue Billy Boy in that as important as he thinks he and New York is, it is not part of the federal government.

1 Like

When did Schumber start leading the senate? Don’t the republicans have a majority, or did something change?

you mean Mitch McConnell.

And that’s nasty how?

The Senate passed the bill. Paulie Ryan declined to have a vote, per Dumpster Donnie.

1 Like

Pointing out that the federal shutdown wouldn’t affect city government is exactly what De Blasio said:

Good lord.

Sad, isn’t it?

1 Like

So, I can only assume that DeBlasio thinks the people of New York are morons who can’t differentiate between a CITY government and the FEDERAL government.

Facepalm gif here…

So what really happened?

Process. The House had a bill and the Senate had a bill. They weren’t the same. No effort to get to two to coincide with each other had yet occurred.