Nancy goes full marxist

Republicans have never asked for the private communications of democrats to be turned over to them.

Who’s requesting that? The subpoena is for metadata.

I’m not wishing for anything, just information that this request is an overreach and an abuse of power. Other than “common sense”, naturally.

Do you think a select committee should be looking at the communications of Swalwell after he was busted for banging a Chinese spy? Or should they simply assume it’s all good? He’s a dem. And dems don’t investigate dems. Am I right?

2 Likes

Asking them to preserve is the first step in obtaining them.

2 Likes

Sure. Are you suggesting that phone records can’t be obtained with a court order or something? Why shouldn’t they request them to be preserved? The police do it all the time when they’re seeking a warrant. Preserving isn’t handing them over.

And this makes a difference…how?

If it turns into a criminal investigation, the DOJ.could very well subpoena them later.

The Republican controlled doj certainly has. Want to try again?

Come on, that doesn’t count. Because reasons.

1 Like

This topic took off like a rocket.

The partisan hacks are getting loopy.

Pelosi is a danger to us all.

:rocket:

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s amazing how the partisan hacks are suddenly concerned with privacy when exposing leakers was all the rage just a couple of years ago. :roll_eyes:

Swalwell cooperated.

Why would one want them preserved if they are not planning to use them?

You don’t ask this “just in case”, they are planning on using these records for the investigation, and wouldn’t shock me at all if they are also used during the next cycle.

1 Like

Loopy definitely fits.

:rocket:

So that if they decide to use them they are available?

It’s Marxism to ask companies not to destroy records.

Marxism I tell you!

2 Likes

So they ARE planning on using them, IF they show what they want them to show. Got it. So, no factual basis for this request, just a fishing expedition. Got it, so are you ok with this fishing expedition?

We’re you OK with Trump’s DOJ undertaking fishing expeditions to find leakers?

And how will they know what’s in them to be able to decide if they use them…since they won’t be allowed to look at them?

They might review the communications if justification is presented. You can’t review something that has been deleted or isn’t available. So therefore, you take steps to preserve potential evidence if justification is presented to review said evidence.