Must See: Mark Levin Delivers His Opening Statement on Impeachment

It is settled until it is. “Well” comes from over 100 years. The term refers to court decisions.

His foundation had no standing. If you want me cite the numerous federal court decisions on the subject that’s going to have to wait.

Also in the same voice as previously stated…

You made the claim, it’s up to you to back up the claim.

Ok, I’ll wait. Or accept an article stating such.

Either way, I think we can all agree it doesn’t diminish his credentials or credibility one iota.

I think it diminishes his credibility but only as much as it does with any pundit.

I just did: None, not a one. There are zero posters on this forum with a summa cum laude degree in Political Science at age 19 and a JD from Temple.

You mean the same senator Howard that specifically said it did NOT apply to foreigners, aliens, or diplomats? And also said it was so discussed at the time he felt he didn’t even have to reiterate that?

1 Like

You dont know that.

I dont have to name one, I didnt make the claim. I said you dont have any evidence there isnt one and that remains true.

You really have to work on your Wildrose.

1 Like

Why?

Joe Jamail didn’t win every case.
Abraham Lincoln lost half his murder cases.

No standing is a court cop out.

I think you might want to check on that. Howard never said that.

I do know that. There isn’t a single one.

Did I ask you to name one?

1 Like

Incorrect.

This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of person.

2 Likes

Uh oh. This should be interesting.

Wikipedia is a problem.

Don’t cop put @TheDoctorIsIn

Only those who don’t understand grammar think that was Howard’s position.

I already know the defense.

They claim that the “foreigners, aliens” part is just describing the foreign diplomats.

Should have kept reading, he has a linky.

You mean how items separated by commas is a list of different things covered by the preceding statement.

Are you sure they’re not correct?

Oh, yes. Apologies, I had forgotten about that.

You’re misreading that statement. It’s not a list of classes, it’s a list of adjectives describing a single class - the children of diplomats.

This is that, in context:

“This amendment which I have offered, is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States,”

“This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.”

1 Like