Must See: Mark Levin Delivers His Opening Statement on Impeachment

So you were flat out wrong when you said I said I was smarter? Man up Sneaky.

1 Like

You implied it. Man up? :rofl:

It’s real odd that you’d think he was wrong about that.

Considering it was written in 1868 and citizenship for foreigners born here wasn’t “interpreted” into law till 30 years later. It would be very odd for the writers of the 14th to have intended it to cover foreigners, and then for them to have promptly forgotten that for about 30 more years.

Their intention was to address freed slaves.

Such a little girl. No I was wrong, but you implied it? Be a man.

1 Like

Nor did I say you did Adam. I assured you you are not. Learn to read and man up Adam.

Holy Cow. 46 replies already? I’ll never be able to read them all. I am interested in those who are NOT Trump fans yet had the intellectual courage to watch the whole video. Do we have any?

That’s not what happened.

Birthright citizenship was the default, at the time the 14th was written. Everyone born in the United States to foreign parents between the ratification of the 14th, and the decision in Wong Kim Ark was born a citizen of the United States.

Wong Kim Ark didn’t create birthright citizenship - it was just the first time birthright citizenship was challenged in court.

1 Like

A little girl? Who pissed in your cornflakes? Yeah, you implied it. You don’t know a freakin’ “poster” who is smarter than Levin. You threw out horse ■■■■■

@Bodecea what did you like about that post?

Not to go off topic but Levin is right on that issue. He said, and I quote:

The history of this amendment is not in dispute. It’s not in doubt. It’s not up for debate. So, what changed? Nothing in the Constitution changed. Nothing legally changed, as a matter of statutory law.

In the 1960s, the bureaucracy, under the great deal, decided to confer citizenship on babies born of illegal aliens in this country. And now we’re told, in order to reverse that, the president of the United States has to push for a constitutional amendment, or Congress has to pass a statute. But he’s not allowed to reverse what the bureaucracy did in the 1960s with an executive order. How insane is that?

I challenge you, all those who have a different view from me, in academia, practicing lawyers or former federal this or former that, I challenge you to show me the evidence in the 1860s that supports your position that birthright citizenship was enshrined in the 14th Amendment. Just give us one piece of evidence. I challenge you to show me any statutory authority where Congress intended and, in fact, affirmatively granted birthright citizenship to the children of illegal aliens. And I challenge you to explain, in some kind of coherent way, how something that is done by the federal bureaucracy cannot be undone by the president directing the federal bureaucracy, which is what an executive order is.

Now, if you’ll tell me he’d have a stronger case if it was a statute, he’s not going to get a statute, and I don’t understand why that’s a stronger case. If it’s your position that it’s enshrined in the Constitution, then nothing can change it but a constitutional amendment, which will never happen.
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/emily-ward/mark-levin-show-me-evidence-birthright-citizenship-was-enshrined-14th-amendment

I’m watching you.

A cursory scan of the thread shows that nobody watched the video but plenty of people were happy to engage in name-calling. How sad that Liberals choose ignorance over knowledge and hate over discussion. And they say Trump is un-presidential? Better check yourselves before you check Trump.

In fact, Levin was right on the money, and the Democrats have violated the constitution every step of the way in this impeachment charade. I guess that is okay with the Left though. They will shred the constitution and step on any law to quench their mindless hate and their lust for power.

1 Like

None of this is correct. First of all, birthright citizenship didn’t come from “the bureaucracy”, it came from the Supreme Court - and it didn’t happen in the 1960s, it happened in the 1890s.

As for evidence that the framers of the 14th intended it to grant citizenship to the children of foreigners, all have to do is look at the record of the drafting of the 14th, and you’ll see that it was significantly discussed.

Mr. Levin lost a lot of his lawyer credibility when he tried to sell his listeners on the fact that he was going to sue the us government immediately when acá was passed.

That he had no standing to sue at the time wasn’t part of his rant.

With whom?

Source?

Lol.

Credentials.

Lol. He lost his lawyering license?

That sort of statement is what makes normal people hate Liberals. It is just so obviously wrong and childish and petulant. YOU, who just refused to open your mind a little to a different opinion, accusing others of not thinking. Think about that.

1 Like

Sorry, but YOU are wrong. Levin is saying the in the 1960 the “bureaucracy” decided to apply this right to illegals. In case you are not aware the bureaucracy applies many laws as it sees fit, which is one of the flaws in a bloated bureaucracy.

Try again: