Muskets and Cannons are What the Founders Intended, so Get With the Program!

I own a musket for home defense, since that’s what the Founders intended.

Four ruffians invade my home.

“What the Devil!?” as I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky Rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first chap, he’s dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second bandit, miss him entirely because it’s smooth-bore and nail the neighbor’s dog instead.
“Apologies, mate!” I shall have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot.
“Tally ho, lads!!!” the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the concussion and extra shrapnel set off car alarms.

Fix bayonet and charge the last of the terrified rapscallions! He bleeds out waiting for the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up.

Just as the Founding Fathers intended. Right-o!

You could have added your story to this thread. We kind of already did this last year.

Founders would have let you keep a cannon. In fact, they would have been glad you had one! “Prithee, sir. May we use your cannon in our next engagement?”

Kind of puts the lie to bazooka ruse libs like to throw against the wall. (Now watch them ask me if they should be able to own a nuclear bomb…)

Many many militia men and merchantmen had privately owned cannons. Maybe they’re just against shoulder-mounted assault cannons?