More Stolen Valor? MD Gov. wes moore Falsely Claimed Received Bronze Star

Just another “misspoke” that went on for nearly 20 years.

It would be interesting if this was followed up on…

from the article; I was encouraged to fill out an application for the White House Fellowship by my deputy brigade commander. In fact, he helped me edit it before I sent it in. At the time, he had recommended me for the Bronze Star. He told me to include the Bronze Star award on my application after confirming with two other senior-level officers that they had also signed off on the commendation.”

Do these officers confirm what he said about this lie or is he lying even more?

1 Like

This guy was a featured speaker at last week’s big convention.

“Over the last few weeks, our country has grown used to seeing what it looks like when a veteran’s integrity is attacked for political gain,” Moore wrote, in an apparent reference to Walz.

Ok…. Like this integrity?

During his 2022 run for governor, Moore was credited with receiving the Bronze Star during media interviews and never indicated that he had not received the award, according to the Associated Press.

So you run on something and don’t correct it, and then claim attacks on your integrity aren’t justified?

2 Likes

It appears to be a Democrat thing.

Dishonorable stolen valor.

1 Like

Maybe it was a way for others to pad and enhance his resume for him as he became a rising star in dimocrat politics.

A little boost to start his future career in government. Then his commander could get away with saying, “well the paperwork was submitted at the time”. Maybe someone should look into how many other commendations were put through by that commander and how many were failed to be put through.

I’d put nothing past the people pulling the strings.

Ya know if you’re gonna go the stolen valor route why not go all the way and claim you won the Distinguished Service Cross or something?

1 Like

Such a hard thing to get right. So much flair…

1 Like

It’s really amazing how many politicians we have that are military heros, and how few there are that simply served.

2 Likes

Nowhere in this article does it specify the reason for the Bronze Star awarding. Oh sure, “ two senior officers signed off” etc But for what? What did Moore do to receive the recommendation?
Example: My father, among his awards, was awarded the Bronze star with two Oak Leaf Clusters
“for his actions during the Battle of the Rhineland”
during WWII. Not make believe, it’s in his military records.
Maybe Wes Moore can meet with Walzie and they both can set their records straight?
IMG_7088

4 Likes

Without researching present Congressional members military backgrounds presently I’ll recognize John McCain as a hero. His North Vietnamese captors ■■■■■■ him up pretty good during his imprisonment there. He suffered physically and mentally
The melanomas that eventually took his life were caused from sun exposure he was forced to endure during his captivity.
I thought his aspirations to be President came too late.

I understand how he could make this mistake. I’m pretty sure I have a medal of honor laying around my house somewhere. I just can’t find it. It seems that it’s libs who typically "forget’ that they did not receive a ribbon.

2 Likes

McCain definitely deserves praise. I’d add Bob Dole and GHW Bush.

2 Likes

For his military service yes.

3 Likes

False claim of having it, or making false claims to get it. I don’t know which is worse.

1 Like

Most definitely. And I apologize for not including both.
GHW Bush was flying torpedo bombers off aircraft carriers when he was 19! Shot down and bobbed around in the sea before being rescued. Bob Dole was shot up in Italy I believe, spent months in hospitals eventually losing use of his right arm. They all put their wartime experiences behind them and served the people. These were total badasses IMO

3 Likes

Inouye was a badass.

1 Like

A bunch of Audie Murphys and Chesty Pullers right?

Didn’t he fight at Iwo? I might be confusing him though.

Medal of Honor Recipient

1 Like