More proof of the trump recession

And gay fornication. Holy crap, mention that abomination one time in a thread and they flame on all night. lol

2 Likes

Exactly…this :point_up: is NOT a serious claim. It is asinine to suggest no one could have predicted the Fed would continue to raise rates. They telegraphed their moves with respect to rates for months in advance.

Now, if you are claiming Trump himself was too much of an ignorant fool with no understanding of even basic economics, let alone macroeconomics, to understand what the Fed was outright telling EVERYONE about their intention, then I suppose you have a point. But that is NOT what you said until now, as opposed to what you actually said which was…

Asinine claim. It cannot be serious, and if it is, then it should not be taken seriously at all.

6 Likes

Whats new

4 Likes

What, that annualized returns are lower under Trump than Obama?

2 Likes

Show me the predictions from Nov 17 that the fed would increase rates in the summer of 18.

Nice arbitrary dates. Don’t break your back carrying those goalposts champ. :rofl:

Are you asserting that an increase of like 50-75 basis points completely counteracted the tax cuts? Lol.

2 Likes

November is when they were drafting the tax cut so it’s the appropriate date.

I made no such statement. Try reading what I actual wrote instead of your imagination.

You’re pointing to the rate hikes as an excuse for the lackluster performance of the tax cuts. Tax cuts made at a time we’re at full employment and we’re getting slower real median earnings growth than under the last 10 quarters of the previous admin. Sad.

What? Pretty much everything you said here is wrong. Controlling inflation is one of the Fed’s main concerns, and they’re always going to take steps when they feel it’s going out of bounds. Their rates changes are expected well in advance.

I’ll just wait for your inevitable “everything I said was completely factual” response.

6 Likes

I said no such thing. Try reading what I wrote instead of your imagination.

The Fed raised rates with the intent of slowing the economy and got the desired effect.

That was their stated purpose for the hike in order to stave off possible inflation.

Show me the predictions in 2017 stating the fed would raise rates in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2018

The fed overreacted there was no inflation but the slowed the economy anyway.

Fed rates remain at historic lows; if you are unable to raise rates at all during the “best economy ever” then we are screwed.

Not to mention with a deficit fueled tax cut as a tail wind.

Sad.

1 Like

The historic lows were established during the Obama administration.

the fed raised rates to prevent an inflation spike.
their goal is 2% y/y inflation

inflation y/y for th t few years
2013 1.5
2014 .8
2015 0.7
2016 2.1
2017 2.1
2018 1.9

it seems the fed did the right thing to prevent an inflation spike

That’s idiotic reasoning. See those gray bands, know what those are? And yes we are at historic lows.

2 Likes

It’s a stupid and suicidal policy. They would rather cause a recession than have inflation.

No we aren’t that has already been shown.