What exactly are they doing to combat climate change? Unless I missed it, they don’t bother saying. ** “The actions that we take in the next five years are crucial to stop us from reaching the tipping point.”** What actions? “We maintain a vigorous and effective commitment to undertake bold action to reverse climate change.” Well how about clueing us in on what your bold action might look like? By bold action do you mean simply more talking and complaining? Since you will not define bold action, then may I offer some actual bold action?
- Immediately convert every church to 100 percent solar power. Do it now. Don’t fiddle fart around. Get it done.
- Insist that every member of your church do the same with their private homes. If they cannot afford it, insist that wealthy members help them with the expense,
- Replace every one of your vehicles with high mileage, hybrid or electric vehicles and insist that all of your members do the same.
- immediately upgrade all of your lighting to high efficiency L.E.D. lighting.
- Recognize the fact that that population growth and increased carbon output are inseparable. Ask you members to stop procreating.
These would be “bold actions.” I have a suspicion that their idea of bold action is demand that others do all the work while the church does absolutely nothing themselves. That is typically how these things work out.