Moral Obligations of The Social Contract

They’ll say no. Shaming is, though.

Simple question is healthcare a human right? If so you support the concept of public healthcare if not you don’t

yes, It should be shaming, but we uses laws to force …

The price of non-participation/cooperation is lower aggregate results, a poorer performing economy, etc.

Do you not wish to engage in a conversation that offers a valid counter to your stance? Seems disingenuous to start a thread and then so flippantly dismiss a substantive position.

2 Likes

And yet you have millions in this country not participating and it doesn’t seem to bother you.

So you’re ok with public shaming?

Not, in the shout at people eating sense or protest at the people’s homes etc… Just old fashioned regular shaming… By grand ma… etc…

No, you can. I’m just not interested. I already know humans are illogical and even more so when it comes to religion and politics.

Your rationalization of your religion isn’t really all that interesting to me, mostly because not matter how you try to explain it, you aren’t going to change it.

Your mistake is trying to use logic. Logic, as your own game theory demonstrates, is irrelevant to this discussion.

Ah, so family. That is not the discussion. Unless you tie it in someway I’m not seeing.

It’s just that people have the right to be selfish. Just like they can be transgender etc…

Do they (the selfish) have a right to ask for anything?

I don’t consider it selfish because I’m not being asked.

It seems to me it’s more like a certain percentage being forced to be transgender.

I do believe we should provide medical care for all.

I would chip in for that.

I don’t. I think we should provide it for those unable to “chip in”.

And I have some stipulations.

Did Jesus have stipulations?

You don’t need government to be generous to your neighbors.

You only need it to be generous with your vote.

Yes. I’m not Jesus.

1 Like

What were his stipulations, to feed the hungry, take care of the sick, clothe the naked?