MISSING THE POINT: Ilhan Omar Says US Should Replicate Hong Kong Protests to ‘Take Back Democracy’

Originally published at: MISSING THE POINT: Ilhan Omar Says US Should Replicate Hong Kong Protests to ‘Take Back Democracy’ | Sean Hannity

Rep. Ilhan Omar confused millions of users on social media Sunday evening; bizarrely suggesting Americans should replicate Hong Kong protesters to “take back our democracy.”

“Could we take back our democracy if 1.7 million Americans marched for it?” posted Omar on Twitter.

Could we take back our democracy if 1.7 million Americans marched for it? https://t.co/LVVaPrm1pJ

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) August 18, 2019

A group of pro-Democracy protesters sang the United States’ national anthem earlier this month after demonstrators shut-down Hong Kong International Airport for the second day in a row.

Video from Hong Kong shows pro-democracy protesters waving American flags and singing the American National Anthem.

Demonstrations have shutdown the city's airport for a second consecutive day and put the entire Chinese city on edge. pic.twitter.com/ZrYE5DzZYU

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 13, 2019

Omar posted a massive, anti-Israeli tirade on social media Friday, just hours after she was denied entry into the Jewish State for her outspoken support of multiple boycott initiatives.

“Let’s be clear: the goal of our trip was to witness firsthand what is happening on the ground in Palestine and hear from stakeholders —our job as Members of Congress. But since we were unable to fulfill our role as legislators, I am sharing what we would have seen,” she posted on Twitter. “First, I planned to hold meetings with members of the Knesset (both Jewish and Arab) along with Israeli security officials.”

“The humanitarian crisis in Gaza is one of the worst in the world—with 97% of water unfit for human consumption and on the verge of collapse. Most of the people in Gaza are children,” she added. “77% of shops have closed bc of military occupation. Palestinians walk with garbage nets above their heads, put up to catch trash thrown by settlers. Violent attacks on Palestinians are routine.”

Let’s be clear: the goal of our trip was to witness firsthand what is happening on the ground in Palestine and hear from stakeholders —our job as Members of Congress.

But since we were unable to fulfill our role as legislators, I am sharing what we would have seen. (THREAD)

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) August 16, 2019

We planned a video conference with youth from Gaza.

The humanitarian crisis in Gaza is one of the worst in the world—with 97% of water unfit for human consumption and on the verge of collapse. Most of the people in Gaza are children.

77% of shops have closed bc of military occupation. Palestinians walk with garbage nets above their heads, put up to catch trash thrown by settlers. Violent attacks on Palestinians are routine.

Israel’s Interior Minister slammed Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib Friday after approving her request to visit the Jewish State; saying her “hate for Israel overcomes her love for her grandmother.”

“Rep. Tlaib just tweeted that she won’t be coming to Israel. Just yesterday she sent me a letter, asking to visit her 90 year old grandmother saying, ‘it might be my last chance to meet her,’” posted Interior Minister Aryeh Deri. “I approved her request as a gesture of goodwill on a humanitarian basis, but it was just a provocative request, aimed at bashing the State of Israel. Apparently her hate for Israel overcomes her love for her grandmother.”