Min Wage Hikes Hurting Business

What the left always forget, minimum wage laws in essence outlaw jobs for people with little to no skills.

1 Like

Minimum wage laws, make it illegal for a person to work who is not worth the minimum wage.

this is mostly true. first two paragraphs are.

third paragraph tho is not so much. yes there are “immoral” (whatever that means) people in business but success doesnt go to the “idiots”. even if they “catch a break” it wont last unless they’re smart with it in the long run.

the only thing that wholesale serves “immoral idiots” is government.

exactly. employers dont want to pay 15 an hour for 10 an hour work (or less)

if they aren’t worth it, it’s not good to pay people more

No it doesnt.

Of course it does. If your labor isn’t worth what the government says I must pay you, I am not going to hire you.

i was summarizing your new narrative - that he’s “stupid” instead of a liar

yes a “wole lot” of possibilites. except of course that they got their act together and improved the business. do you consider that in your “whole lot”?

or does “whole lot of possibilities” include just “liar,” “stupid”, or “stupid liar? “

You completely missed the point. I wasnt talking about physical requirements. I was talking about structural limits. There are only so many slots the league supports. So, simply working hard isnt a guarantee. There are only so many people who can be business owners. Otherwise no one would be available to be employee.

And this whole notion of raising the minimum wage rewarding people who dont work hard is ■■■■■■■■■ Hourly pay has nothing to do with how hard someone works. Many minimum wage or unskilled jobs are hard work. Kinda snobby to suggest otherwise.

That isnt outlawing low skilled jobs. It’s outlawing businesses from abusing people for their work. I love how you guys pretend business owners opinions are the only thing that matters.

It isn’t an abuse to voluntarily contract with someone to pay them what their labor is worth, sorry. It is an abuse to forbid them from having a job because they don’t have a skill that is worth a high minimum wage.

The whole point of raising minimum wage for advocates is that people have minimum worth. Simply asserting so to the contrary doesnt do anything. If business owners dont like it then tough. Employees and workers struggle too. Its about time we stop letting people be abused.

Many workers dont have the luxury of being able to quit their jobs or shop around. Again, it is structural. There is a baseline of necessary minimum wage jobs. It doesnt matter what some people do. Businesses dont have infinite job openings.

Its also voluntary to own a business. So if the business owner doesnt like it then close your business. Just like the employee right? Just quit.

Shutting your business isn’t the only option though is it? If you make me pay 15$ an hour for a cashier and I think that labor is worth $5 an hour, I’ll just make one cashier do the job of three cashiers to extract a proper return on my paid wage.

You’ll “make them”. Hahahaha. Just goes to show how much ya’ll abuse people and leech as much as possible. Werent you just saying people dont work hard enough? Now you’re saying they do 3 people’s work? Fascinating.

Minimum wage has increased quite a bit over the decades. Yet minimum wage and low skilled jobs still exist. Youre just mad you cant leech off other people’s work as much anymore

“Proper” return. Thats funny. I love how one sided cons are

Make them in the sense of, that will be what the job they voluntarily agree to do will consist of. Or say I need floors mopped, instead of paying a guy $15 an hour to do that job, I will invest in machinery that allows one guy to do the work of five guys who were formerly paid $5 an hour.

Do I need to explain commerce to you? It’s a system where I agree to pay someone what a good or service is worth to me and they decide if they are willing to provide that good or service at that price.

Did you read my response? I also included “wrong”. You’re the one who incorrectly assumed “liar”. It’s just one of many possibilities.