Military Parade? Yes. Space Force? Yes. Wall? Yes. Promised Raises for Government Employees? TOO EXPENSIVE

Promise for a raise was kept back in 2017:

President Donald Trump is exercising his authority to give federal civilian employees and uniformed service members a pay raise effective Jan. 1, 2018.

Most civilian federal employees will receive an average raise of 1.4 percent, with an additional 0.5 percent adjusted in locality pay for a total of a 1.9 percent.

“I have determined that for 2018, across-the-board pay increases will be 1.4 percent and locality pay increases will average 0.5 percent, resulting in an overall average increase of 1.9 percent for civilian federal employees,” Trump wrote in a letter to congressional leaders. “I will specify locality pay percentages for each locality pay area by executive order before the first pay period in January 2018. These decisions will not materially affect our ability to attract and retain a well-qualified federal workforce.”

Members of the military will receive an average raise of 2.1 percent starting next year.

Nothing. My mistake.

What does that have to do with 2019?

Civilian federal employees may deserve a raise or not. But they are hardly examples of “the forgotten man”.

Whooops.

https://www.downsizinggovernment.org/federal-worker-pay

No doubt the TDS sputum blinded you.

looks like rightwing internets are circulating the same stale article from 2017 to confuzzle the base into thinking trump screwing federal employees over in 2019 isn’t a bad thing.

1 Like

Exactly. How can anyone claim these folks are not placing themselves in danger in most of these positions?

do you know where lots of federal workers are concentrated? the greater washington dc area. do you know how expensive it is to live here? the private sector number is for the ENTIRE US.

Enh…some other agencies are more likely to have a greater number of Republicans, though.
If an actual zero pay raise is passed, though, that may change.
Its really not too likely to happen, I believe, as Congress can intervene
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/congress/trump-cancels-pay-raise-due-federal-workers-in-january/2018/08/30/2656c4a0-ac7d-11e8-9a7d-cd30504ff902_story.html?utm_term=.09d22e94f549

But even if the 1.9% is restored, this has got to hurt politically. I can’t imagine what he was thinking.
Republican congresspeople aren’t going to go home running on this.

Maybe he is going to start on a new agenda to cut federal spending. If he were serious, there are billions in wasteful spending all across federal government agencies. There’s an annual GAO report about this.

One of the main reasons we just moved from there. That and the congestion.

Apparently the automatic pay raise will be cancelled, but this can be overridden by authorizations within. a bill.

The Senate version of the appropriations bill includes a 1.9% increase but the House version does not. So whether there is an increase will depend on which version is passed.
I would not want to go run on having voted for no raise, though in some areas I suppose that wouldn’t hurt.

There’s a 30% chance or so I spoke with your cousin a few years ago about a really complicated patient/customer research thing. :slight_smile:

I did not get his business. :frowning:

Whoops.

States with the most federal employees as of mid-2017 were California (250,000), Texas (200,000), Virginia (178,000) and Maryland (147,000). The vast majority of all federal employees – about 79 percent – work outside the D.C. region.

Another lib lie blooms to reveal the stench of tertiary TDS rotting a human brain.

1 Like

Bwahaha. Yeah California is cheap. You got me.

Your post doesn’t disprove anything he said. You just invented a claim by him to refute.

Everything Trump Touches Dies.

Looking at you Border Patrol and ICE.

Everyone point and laugh at your mailman today.

See that heat map in your link? Shows the intensity of federal worker concentration. Which part is darkest? Also, would you say that heat map reflects population density for the entire US? Hint: it’s doesn’t. Why? because 21% of the federal workforce in the DC metro area does not represent 21% of the US working population. In fact, if you indexed federal worker percentage by state to population by state, you’d see the DC metro area is off the charts, i.e., the federal working pool is heavily skewed to that area compared to the rest of the US. Get it?

An interesting thing. These people weren’t his fans anyhow last time I checked. No loss there. And it’s a sure winner with his fans. And mebbe even some of his non-fans who ain’t in gubment. Kinda surprised you went there sniffing around for sympathy.

Not to mention that the private sector also includes all those minimum wage jobs (that tax payers subsidize, but I digress) and other low paying jobs that drag the average down. Federal government doesn’t have Walmart stickers gettin $8/hr.

2 Likes