Mike Johnson Is New Speaker of the House

Oh are we comparing president to lawmakers now? I figured the reference was when he was a senator but if we compare that then it’s more like fish steaks to oranges :slight_smile:

Besides I don’t think P01135809 has time to say hi to little old me, he’s too busy flouncing out of Courtrooms

:+1: :grinning:

Yes. We don’t want a speaker who isn’t pushing sodomy.

4 Likes

Yes. We like it when you guys look foolish.

Having no Speaker was great, but I’m still hoping for the best with Speaker Johnson.

1 Like

Is he really a young earth creationist?

1 Like

Just look at the the way that in less than 100 posts, this thread devolved into butt ■■■■■■■ being the most important hill to die on. The modern left’s values, folks. In all it’s gory. :rofl:

8 Likes

tolerance for others’ beliefs go out the window huh?

right through the glass

2 Likes

who is trolling?

Oh dear. You didn’t get what you wamted? Poor child.

Not playing the lobbyist gravy train game is amateirish to you.
You say,
“Buy you.” We say,
“Bayou.”

To make an omelet, you gotta break a few eggs.

1 Like

It wasn’t a crisis, no matter what the politicians want to make it out to be. I wish the congress would only meet 4 weeks a year. There is WAY too many laws, regulations, and government agencies.

To me, they need to get rid of 90% of all government owned land and buildings (many sit empty with utilities on), sell it all and pay down the national debt, and close 60% of all government agencies. Just a court system and military. Cut out most licensing, regulations, and fed intrusion. Let the states do most of it.

Stop overspending, borrowing, and printing money, and get the gov out of debt. End all student loans or grants. That one thing will bring down the cost of education a lot. The schools increase prices according to what the gov will lend, not what the market will hold and it will become more merit based like it should be. Everyone’s not qualified for university. Not enough in trade school.

Many of the schools have so many billions they could run the schools for free on the interest.

2 Likes

Remember early in this thread I said:
"Wait for it…wait for it…wait for it…wait for it…wait for it… :wink: "

Congratulations! You did it already!

:+1: :+1: :+1: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s me…

1 Like

He got close:

Yup, already in this thread. Like I said: "Wait for it…wait for it…wait for it…wait for it…wait for it… :wink: "

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

I am sure he won’t serve as someone who shows his tongue so Reps can wet a stamp like our curent "President’ does.
Nor he’ll need flash cards that read: “Now exit and follow the blue line…”
A…aaah…that was my favorite.
:joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I hope we are back on track with the " pick the best man/woman for the job" mentality. I’m tired of allowing the dumbest person in the room being the leader.

Why should I have to support it? What’s wrong with my “I don’t care what other people do” frame of mind?

2 Likes

Amen! Plus, I guarantee you 71% don’t support trans pole dancing in grade school.

3 Likes

Where is that happening?

speaker whack hammer crits

5 Likes