Michigan Gov. suck bottled water service to Flint despite poor review of local water quality

You consider a plan that contaminated the city’s water supply was solving a city problem?

the plan to use flint river was a long time Democrat plan made by Democrat politicians of a long time Democrat town.

You are failing badly at trying to place blame for Flint in the hands of Democrats. Just man-up and admit that it was Republicans who put into motion the series of events that caused this mess. And while you are at it, please note for me why it is a good idea to cut off their bottled water when half of the town is still waiting for their pipes to be replaced.

Theres no bread, let them eat cake…

what a ruse.

Decades of failing leadership by Dems. After the financial failure of failures, you get a Republican to fix things. He implements a Democrat plan that was in place for decades. Plan fails. Dems blame Republicans. The only thing this should teach is that once Dems fail… go scorched earth with everything they created and touched. It’s bound to fail.

So you admit that it was a Republican who implemented the plan. Who devised the plan is moot. If it wasn’t a good plan, he never should have done it. Case closed.
Want to comment on the bottled water?

are plastic bottles good for mother earth? Yes or no?

Not the point of this conversation. But nice try at a deflection.

so I guess you mean “no”.

Did I say that? I was just asking you to not answer a question with another question. I directly asked about the bottled water being cut off. Why do you want to avoid an answer?

I told you… plastic bottles are killing Mother Earth.

Trust science. Science tells you that the levels of lead are now low enough to be safe.
What is it about science that troubles libs? All that mathematics ?

Okay, so you are fine with half the folks in Flint not getting bottled water. What then is your solution?
And I do not understand why you think us on the left are against conservation. Plastic products are a huge problem. But we as a society take them for granted. Of course the ones I use are recycled. The problem is we need more recycling and for folks to do it. Plastic bags were a huge problem for the San Francisco bay bird population. The folks there outlawed them. I do believe that similar laws will be passed as more problems are discovered. However I am skeptic of some of the future directly because of Scott Pruitt. I do not trust his anti-regulation stance in regards to environmental regulations. It appears that he is making decisions not entirely based on the recommendations of the scientists.

During the crisis, one resident’s water had 397 parts per billion of lead. There is no safe level of lead for children, but the federal limit of lead in water is 15 parts per billion. As part of a $450 million federal and state aid package, Flint residents were able to receive free bottles of water for cooking, drinking, and bathing at various water distribution centers. By the end of 2016, more than two years after the crisis began, lead levels in the city had finally fallen to 12 ppb. “There are several hundred million dollars used in Flint to improve the water system, and we’re starting to see those benefits,” Edwards says. “It’s better than many of its peer cities, but the trust issue is real.”
Officials Say Flint’s Water Is Safe. Residents Say It’s Not. Scientists Say It’s Complicated. – Mother Jones

It’s emotion now that has libs all in a tizzy. “trust”.

Its sort of complicated though.

First off, the city council and the Mayor are usually pretty bad at their jobs in Flint. They have been off and on with a State Appointed city manager for decades due to their inability to set the city’s affairs in order. A lot of that has to do with industry leaving the city, but a good portion of the blame has to go to just bad management. Flint has “good bones” as far as labor and manufacturing goes, but they are just incapable of getting the city back in working order. Its incredibly violent as well.

Now, the city council and the Mayor came up with this longstanding idea of cutting off Detroit water (which is incredibly clean) and going with water from Port Huron, who actually didn’t even have lines running to Flint. But it would be a lot cheaper. They went to the current Emergency Manager (who I think was actually a Democrat as well) and proposed the switch. Since it saved money he signed off on it and they all held a news conference bragging about how the council and mayor were still running things and coming up with good ideas.

Turns out, they failed to work out a deal with Detroit beforehand and Detroit shut off their water. Flint was forced to use their own water processing plant which had been mismanaged forever and the source of the water being fairly nasty and within a few months all the pipes in town were leaching lead.

Now, who gets the blame?

The Republican Governor, of course. And those same idiotic council people and mayor started taking about this being victimized by Lansing.

I’m not saying Lansing and the EM doesn’t share some blame, but I place a lot of it on the Flint elected officials as well.

Funny you mention that as we’ve seen the reverse of this happen aka the ACA. A Republican think tank invention implemented by the Dems, doesnt live it to its intention and the Republicans blame the Democrats. How fun.

need a new thread to discuss ACA?

Nope that has been discussed ad nauseum, just pointing out what you accuse one side of doing the other does just as well, I don’t expect you to be honest enough to admit that though, prove me wrong.

you arnt talking about the Romney plan are you? That was for a state.

The Heritage foundation’s plan and ideas were not for a particular state. It just so happens that Romney used several parts of it for his state plan, including the exchanges and the mandate Again this has been hashed over many times, and as I suspected you aren’t going to own up to the right doing exactly what you accused the left of. Color me surprised.

Good grief. Do you people know nothing?

Not only was it basically the Heritage Foundations plan - it had been introduced in Congress in 1993 by Republicans (in response to what Hillary was working on.)

“1993: Health care takes center stage

President Bill Clinton took on an ill-fated effort to reform health care in 1993. As the president’s task force (led by First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton) worked behind closed doors to craft solutions to ever-rising health care costs and a growing number of uninsured families, Republicans scrambled to forge an alternative.

Republican Sen. John Chafee of Rhode Island was the point man. The bill he introduced, Health Equity and Access Reform Today, (yes, that spells HEART) had a list of 20 co-sponsors that was a who’s who of Republican leadership. There was Minority Leader Bob Dole, R- Kan., Sens. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, Richard Lugar, R-Ind., and many others. There also were two Democratic co-sponsors.

Among other features, the Chafee bill included:

An individual mandate;

Creation of purchasing pools;

Standardized benefits;

Vouchers for the poor to buy insurance;

A ban on denying coverage based on a pre-existing condition.”

Of course there were enough R’s who didn’t want any govt health insurance plan so it never made it to the floor of the Senate.

RomneyCare was based on the same Heritage Foundation plan and ACA was based on RomneyCare. It never occurred to the D’s that R’s would be so opposed to what was the Consertive’s approach, but, they had to hate it because Obama.