Michigan Gov. suck bottled water service to Flint despite poor review of local water quality

despite a poor grade on their latest review the state government is moving ahead with ending their bottled water program.

FLINT, Mich. (AP) — Michigan environmental experts warned that Flint’s water system had “significant deficiencies” just weeks before Gov. Rick Snyder announced an end to bottled water service that was introduced to allay a lead-tainted water crisis.

A surface water treatment engineer detailed 10 unresolved issues in a March 21 letter to Flint Mayor Karen Weaver. The letter said that the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality has no confidence in Flint’s capacity to manage the system.

Snyder announced April 6 an end to free bottled water distribution, citing two years of testing showing Flint is below the federal action level for lead.

Flint is recovering from its lead-contaminated water crisis and producing “very high quality drinking water,” said Tiffany Brown, a spokeswoman for the state’s environmental department.

Let them drink beer.

Clean drinking water is so overrated.

I think that we need Scott Pruitt on this case.

those plastic water bottles kill baby seals.

The governor is a friend to baby seals.

Mayor of Flint is Democrat

deleted post

And that makes a difference why? She has been working hard to correct the mess that the state placed on her town.

Mind showing me where the seal population is in Wisconsin?

and her predecessor? Democrat too.

you think those bottles end up in Michigan? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup. What difference does that make?

so why is this a state problem?

Because they caused it. Who should be taking care of it?

the entire state has this problem? I didn’t know that.

link?

I didn’t say that. I said that the state caused the Flint problem.

Oy vey.

It’s astonishing the amount of ignorance on this board.

they targeted Flint… out of all the other communities. The state had it in for Flint.

The local Democrat government has nothin to do with the problem. Nothin.

Do you know who was in charge of the city when the crisis started? I suggest that you educate yourself about the issue and then we can discuss.

you mean who was responsible for the town going bankrupt and not taking care of its people so that someone else had to step in and solve the city’s problems?