Michaels Moore Movie About Green energy not being very green.. Just more pols and corps scams

I’ve been saying this forever. The basic problem once again is the media is made up of people who can’t do math well, and don’t understand science very well either. Or perhaps their owners are making money off govt subsidies, who knows!

"If enough solar panels are produced to meet the 2050 Paris Accords goals, the resulting waste will weigh more than twice as much as the world’s current plastic waste. An electric-car battery requires extracting and processing more than 500,000 pounds of raw materials."

"“It was kind of crushing to discover that the things I believed in weren’t real,” Mr. Gibbs told the AP. “Not only are the solar panels and wind turbines not going to save us … but (also) that there is this whole dark side of the corporate money.”"

“As Mr. Moore and Mr. Gibbs have uncovered, renewable energy proponents have been much better at making promises than keeping them.”

Now that is interesting.

An electric-car battery requires extracting and processing more than 500,000 pounds of raw materials."

My lib neighbor thinks his e-bike is green. I just smiled.

My favorite part of the article and a real sign of Trumps Genius is in leaving the Paris climate “Accord” is Germany. This article lays it out perfectly…

"Environmentalists point to Germany as a country that’s doing it right, with more than 35 percent of its power coming from renewable sources. The movie finds, however, that 70 percent of the power Germany counts as renewable comes from biomass — a fancy term for burning trees. Biomass releases 50 percent more carbon dioxide than coal and more than three times as much as natural gas. Ironically, Germany receives carbon credits for every tree it burns."

Green = gullible…

From everything I have read on this we will not be able to meet our energy demands without nuclear.

Burning wood isn’t burning long sequestered carbon.

The life cycle of rechargeable batteries is something that has to be worked on.

One of the solutions that I read was that once aN electric car battery has expired from it’s usefulness of storing and delivering the necessary voltage for a car it could be put into a grid storage array would would extend it’s complete life cycle by decades.

I agree with this.

Nuclear should be one of the cornerstones of moving away from carbon based energy sources.

Yes, and the dems just shut down diablo canyon. Proving they don’t really care about co2…

Yes… they jumped to electric cars before batteries were ready because govt’s pushed it. If they were viable the market would be far ahead of govt.

Just like the pollution caused by wind and solar projects. If they really worked companies would have built factories around windy areas etc. and used the technology without govt subsidy. …

Electric cars are over 100 years old. Government pushed it…

Really?..

Yes really really.

1 Like

now we are going to have a bunch of used batteries full of toxic waste hanging around thanks to govt subsidy…

Breitbart has this review; I did not realize that the movie has been out so long.

Here are links to a trailer and the full-length movie.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/planet-of-the-humans-teaser-trailer/vi-BB12Zink

It seems that Michael Moore is attacking a lot of liberal sacred cows.

Is this the kiss of death for his future as a film maker?