Mexico staying with coal

Let’s follow Mexico’s example.

They are by far the superior nation.

Allan

[quote=“JayJay, post:13, topic:238928, full:true”]

Not sure how you draw that conclusion. The point is simply that one nations positive actions can be mitigated by another’s regarding a global issue.

The analogy still stands.

“Why should I do good stuff when other countries are going to do bad stuff that works against my good stuff?”

It’s silly. Like a global Prisoner’s Dilemma.

1 Like

That’s not what I said.

Well it isn’t or rather wouldn’t be silly if going with coal gave them an economic advantage over the US. However I don’t think that is true any longer.

That’s just a version of the “women and minorities harmed the most” schtick. Rich people don’t live in Mexico City?

Mexico has a economic advantage over the US, despite being its low-wage production client (with none of the advantages of the German export model, and all of the pitfalls of being where Americans get their cocaine), because coal?

So Trump said they weren’t sending us their best…you don’t think they have any “best” to send?

Should maybe read my post again

I did. And replied.

Don’t know what to tell you then because I pretty much said the opposite

Okay. Mexico never had an advantage against the US.

Sigh, never said they did.

Okay. Thanks for the fidget toy loop around, then.

The original analogy never applied, and never would. Esp with re: to Mexico.

From two weeks ago.

Allan

Electric vehicles will save them soon. They can be made much more cheaply than ICE vehicles.

As long as the Mexican government subsidizes the electric car business and creates impossible regulations against ICE cars.
What are the chances they do that?

No government needed, electric cars are just cheaper to build. Drastically reduced part list. Don’t confuse cars built for our heavily regulated car market prices with bare bone developing country models.

nope, not canada either.

1 Like

Or tricked out with more technology than is really needed for a functional vehicle.