Mexican President Wants F&F Investigation

"Mexico’s president asked the United States for answers and an apology for the Obama-era gun-running operation known as “Fast and Furious.” On Friday, Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador called for an investigation into Operation Fast and Furious to prevent it from happening again.

“What seems serious to me is that a violation of our sovereignty was carried out, a secret operation, and that Mexicans were killed with these weapons,” Lopez Obrador said during a press conference in Mexico City on Friday."

Which started under Bush…

Anything that has Glenn Beck in it…is tainted because of that. That said, I wonder if that’s true and if so, if we pay for that, I wonder how much he’ll contribute for the wall? I mean…Mexico is paying for it either directly…or indirectly? :sunglasses:

Good lord, will this mean Eric Holder will be getting some free face time and media adoration?

Total lie. Bush did not give a single rifle to a drug cartel. The weapon that killed an American agent was supplied by Obama/Holder. They should apologize at the very least.

Operation Fast and Furious was a strategy created to assist the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to combat Mexican drug cartels. Between 2009 and 2011, the Phoenix Field Division of the ATF would allow and track the illegal sale of approximately 2,000 firearms worth roughly $1.5 million. The weapons from Operation Fast and Furious would end up being used to kill hundreds of Mexicans and at least one American, U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry in 2010.

"There is still time for the U.S. to apologize," the Mexican president stated.

This is a pretty blunt statement. No interpretation needed. Fake news?

nope. the initial plan was devised, but ultimately rejected.

Operation Fast and Furious was a strategy created to assist the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to combat Mexican drug cartels. Between 2009 and 2011, the Phoenix Field Division of the ATF would allow and track the illegal sale of approximately 2,000 firearms worth roughly $1.5 million. The weapons from Operation Fast and Furious would end up being used to kill hundreds of Mexicans and at least one American, U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry in 2010.

Yep. GWB was clearing brush at his Texas ranch during this period. Sorry Scratch. :lying_face:

What happened to that post.

A second source confirms it.

So should we honor their request? Should Obama and Holder apologize?

https://www.stripes.com/news/americas/mexico-president-says-us-may-need-to-apologize-over-gun-sting-1.629129

I still see it. Post 5?

What @LucyLou said about the Blaze not having reporters applies to all of them. Look at AP and then the articles.

I don’t.

Interesting.

5 is one of yours on mine.

@SixFoot what’s up

Weird. Not 6 either?

Gunwalking ", or " letting guns walk ", was a tactic used by the Arizona U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Arizona Field Office of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives ( ATF ), which ran a series of sting operations[2][3] between 2006[4] and 2011[2][5] in the Tucson and Phoenix area where the ATF “purposely allowed licensed firearms dealers to sell weapons to illegal straw buyers, hoping to track the guns to Mexican drug cartel leaders and arrest them”.

No reason to apologize…

This is 6

Operator Error