MESSAGE TO BERNIE: Florida’s Cuban, Venezuelan Voters RIP Sanders Over Pro-Fidel Comments

Originally published at: MESSAGE TO BERNIE: Florida’s Cuban, Venezuelan Voters RIP Sanders Over Pro-Fidel Comments | Sean Hannity

Florida’s large Cuban and Venezuelan communities called-out Bernie Sanders this week after the far-left Senator praised dictator Fidel Castro’s literacy programs; failing to denounce the tens of thousands murdered following the communist revolution.

“For me, it’s very, very insulting and very sad that we are in a country, we left countries where we were running from or escaping from communism and the oppression of human rights violations, to come here and now be in a country where the front-runner for the Democratic nominee is a known communist sympathizer,” said Maria Fernandez Gomez, a voter with Cuban roots. “He has turned off all of the Cuban population in Miami and I would venture to say the Venezuelan population, Nicaraguan population, because of those comments that he has made.”

“My father was military age when he was getting ready to leave Cuba,” Gomez said. “They wouldn’t let him out. He was an anti-revolutionary and a political prisoner so this hits close to home for me.”

There are approximately 1.3 million Cubans residing in the state.

“I am a Cuban Democrat. I watched the interview with Bernie Sanders. I am not a supporter of his to begin with but that put the nail in the coffin for me. There is nothing good with the Castro regime,” said Raquel Robaina, a Cuban immigrant.

Read the full report here.

Source: Fox News