Meet Lavender, Israel's new AI-based home-targeting system

. . . “We were not interested in killing [Hamas] operatives only when they were in a military building or engaged in a military activity,” A., an intelligence officer, told +972 and Local Call. “On the contrary, the IDF bombed them in homes without hesitation, as a first option. It’s much easier to bomb a family’s home. The system is built to look for them in these situations.” . . . the army also decided during the first weeks of the war that, for every junior Hamas operative that Lavender marked, it was permissible to kill up to 15 or 20 civilians; in the past, the military did not authorize any “collateral damage” during assassinations of low-ranking militants. The sources added that, in the event that the target was a senior Hamas official with the rank of battalion or brigade commander, the army on several occasions authorized the killing of more than 100 civilians in the assassination of a single commander. . . “At its peak, the system managed to generate 37,000 people as potential human targets,” . . . There were times when a Hamas operative was defined more broadly, and then the machine started bringing us all kinds of civil defense personnel, police officers . . .
‘Lavender’: The AI machine directing Israel’s bombing spree in Gaza

Clearly Israel has made a breakthrough in its war against terrorism.

Should other countries adopt similar targeting systems for dealing with their enemies?

Should the homes of military personnel, reservists, police, government employees, military contractors, etc. be legitimate targets?

If homes are the preferred target, what happens to the “terrorists are using human shields” narrative?

Should the civilians in Kibutz and teens in a concert be a target?
AT THE TIME OF PEACE ???
Should they?

Oh…and if they ARE…what do you propose?
Just sit down, shut up and TAKE IT?

BTW…majority of ‘civilians’ in Gaza support the Hamas and majority of them end up killed because they refuse to evacuate IN SUPPORT for Hamas.
Sorry…I.m not bying the victim story here.

1 Like

Sigh evacuate to where?

Can you point to the peace treaty between the Palestinians and Israel? I missed that.

Based on Lavender’s benevolent standards, the presence of one suspected IDF reservist or police officer should be sufficient to justify killing an entire household or even an apartment house in a bomb attack.

Someone really needs to make an AI-based system to help alleviate one’s severe obsession with the Jews :man_facepalming:

Where did 1200 killed on Oct. 7th go.
???
Ask a …question and get appropriate answer.

There is a reason why none of the neighbooring countries want them. So…I don’t know.
I guess 20- 30 miles North or South.
At least THEY have a choice.
The 1200 before them DID NOT.

clearly you are hooked on any propaganda that paints Israel or the US in a bad light now turning to Soros funded propaganda.

2 Likes

So…no treaty then attack.
Well the other side replied …so WHAT now?
USA dropped 2 bombs…remmember that?

I guess …they had no peace treaty and they are BETTER off now? 30 000 killed…WHOSE fault is that.
They made the bed…sleep in it now…no mercy here my friend.
Each time I see a bomb drop on them I say…another one for those beheaded babies.
Those babies hurt NOONE.
Yep…no mercy here. Send them all where those babies, women and old men went.

This isn’t a good idea. I’ve already seen AI screw up 2+2, we don’t need Israel on the national news for killing an aid worker on accident because this AI ■■■■■■ up.

Not a good look.

here’s a novel idea, if you don’t want to get blown up with a terrorist, don’t socialize with them