Measured CO2 levels under face masks exceed OSHA standards

By preventing the transmission of pathogens through aerosols or respiratory droplets.

right - “droplets.” thank you

I am utterly baffled as to whatever point you think you’ve made here.

let me explain the science then

they dont do squat to filter out viruses or protect people unless people are so close they are at risk of getting each others spit in a bodily orifice

or open wound, surgical site in case of surgeon

If they filter out the droplets then it filters out the virus.

droplets dont go very far.

:rofl:

No one has claimed that they “filter out viruses”. It’s not about filtering out viruses, it’s about blocking aerosolized respiratory fluids - which viruses ride on. They’re not meant to protect the wearer as much as they are meant to protect others from the wearer.

It’s been over a year, hasn’t this sunk in yet?

1 Like

Yes, they do.

Spray an aerosol can, and see how far it goes.

It is never going to sink in.

1 Like

what hasn’t sunk in is that “when you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask may make people feel a little bit better, and it might even block a droplet, but it’s NOT providing the protection that people think that it is”

—fauci

2 Likes

people arent pressurized aerosol cans

unbelievable

What protection do you think “people” think it provides?

Everyone I speak to is well aware of how this all works.

1 Like

protection from the virus evidently

even fauci agrees with me

1 Like

Aerosolized respiratory droplets travel a lot farther than viruses on their own do.

Who thinks that wearing a mask will protect them from the virus?

lol

why would anyone willingly wear one if they dont think it helps them in an outbreak?

the question doesnt make much sense

1 Like

a little further yes

“a lot” is relative

“there’s no reason to be walking around in a mask”

Because when everyone is wearing a mask, everyone gets some level of protection.

Again - I don’t know why this is so hard to understand - masks are about protecting others from the wearer - not the wearer from others.

no. they are a personal medical decision

if the mask works one way it should in the other