Meanwhile, in Taiwan

Who was saying China starts up with Taiwan as soon as Russia enters Ukraine?

We spent 20 years in lands oozing with precious resources, and have zero new territory to show for it. Now we’re weakened to the point of enlisting women into the Infantry.

This decade is gonna Roar. :wink:

4 Likes

Color me shocked, shocked I tell ya!!!

3 Likes

Seems it’s open season with the current leader calling the shots, the next 2+ years be like

5 Likes

It’s a land-grabbing bonanza out there. Maybe I could score me a deserted island or two. :thinking:

4 Likes
1 Like

I still want my island.

2 Likes

It’s six degrees and snowing here, I’m more than ready to invade and occupy a tropical island.

2 Likes

One law for us, another for them.

2 Likes

Biden needs to tell China they will pay a price if they invade Taiwan, depending on what kind of invasion it is.

3 Likes

And since when do you Cons like us being the world police…I thought that was the antithesis of Trumpism?

This would be easy enough to claim if cleared off.

Snake Island in Brazil

Screenshot 2022-02-24 165522

3 Likes

More likely he will tell them that if they buy a few paintings they may invade Taiwan because Taiwan hasn’t bought any.

This is not unusual at all.

Me. I was predicting simultaneous invasions … even as the Olympics were going on.

I still expect China to follow through. With Biden as CIC, if you were Xi, wouldn’t you?

1 Like

Musk can help with that

1 Like

Of course. Obviously he wants a return on his investment. lol

1 Like

You can bet that if the old Soviet Union didn’t have all this satellite states and there boarders were we they currently are, Reagan would have been the first one protecting the Ukraine

Last year, the Formosa Taishin Dreamers, a Taiwanese professional basketball club in the East Asia Super League’s P.League+, had to release one of their imports (K. J. McDaniels), because his wife is serving in the US Navy and they weren’t able to negotiate paternal leave over security issues because exactly they knew China would try to acquire Taiwan by force. (For reference, three of the six clubs have coaches representing FIBA Americas – New Taipei’s Ryan Marchand (California, former Timberwolves developmental coach), Kaoshiung’s DeMarcus Berry (Michigan, although he now resides in Florida), and Formosa Taishin’s Kyle Julius (Thunder Bay, ON, former Furman player) – all three travel back after the P.League+ season ends back to North America, and the National Team for men’s basketball is lead by California’s Charlie Parker, who travels for FIBA Asia games).

Now that issue has come back because of what Xi is doing. Go figure.

Xi and Putin know they have a weak leader who will cowtow to them. Another example of urban arrogance.

1 Like

He did like his small wars. Good time to be in SF. :wink:

3 Likes

Honestly I never agreed with Reagan’s social policies but he was a great CIC and loved this country. My first few months in the service was his last few as President. For the likes of me I will never understand how so many people who supported Reagan projecting power across the globe are now the same people who want to stay behind our borders and say not our problem. That’s a hell of a 180 and they act like that was always how they thought.