McConnell vows to block Trump impeachment in fundraising pitch

Why would the house honor subpoenas? Is it a “formal” senate process?

Um…all he’s saying is “keep a Republican Senate”.

Not sure how this violates his Constitutional duty.

"ala shaka zooolalala beseechya ma tooti fruti. pray dat spirit over em’

Sorry Mitch, if the House votes on impeachment, it is his constitutional duty to bring up this in the Senate. No getting around it.

Yes he did. And keep in mind he was only available because months out from the election he was so far behind in his re-election for governor he literally couldn’t win. Sharp politician that everyone pretends he is.

And a senate motion to proceed only requires 51 votes…

1 Like

I presume an impeachment trial is pretty formal.

Are you suggesting that the senate can impeach members of congress and private citizens?

Oh i’m well informed on politics much to the chagrin of the left. :grin:

Nope. They could subpoena witnesses, though.

It will die a quick death there and rightly so. :+1:

And those subpoenas could be ignored, correct?

Unless Barr decided to enforce them.

How many Presidents have been impeached thus far?

They can be ignored until a federal judge issues an order to comply. If the person subpoenaed doesn’t comply the DOJ has no say in the matter and the judge can order the arrest and detention of the witness.

Well, it is good to see that at least some Trump supporters are starting to recognize that the republicans are no better than the democrats now - even if they are putting a spin on it to make the ■■■■ sandwich that is the current iteration of the republican party look a bit cleaner.

I studied examples like this in college - but it is interesting to see it this “up close and personal,” as it were.