McCarthy Threatens Endless War With Conservatives

So a Republican with no soul.

So 90% of the party voted or McCarthy.

You think they should bend to the 10%? Why?

Where are you seeing debate?

I see nominating speeches, and vote counts, in which the D beats the R time and time again.

No debate.

Well you are reading the laughter as support for McCarthy so i guess it’s only fair that we read McCarthy windsock like demeanor as being supported by conservatives.

No one else wants the job.

Our family had this very conversation in 2020.

Lots of debate. Much of it on CEC media. You probably don’t watch that.

I am convinced this is over the 1.7 trillion omnibus more than anything else.

I don’t care how long it takes to resolve this.

1 Like

Oh, on TV and radio, sure, there is always debate THERE. That is how they make their money.

But it has no bearing on congress. I thought you meant debate there.

It is both.

McCarthy’s pathway to victory appeared to become clearer on Thursday night when holdout Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC) reportedly said that a deal had been reached. According to John Bresnahan of Punchbowl News, all the major players met in Rep. Tom Emmer’s (R-MN) office and “an offer in writing tonight” should be given.

Now you know.

1 Like

I cannot say “You’re wrong.”

One thing for sure, McCarthy, like the entirety of the Democrat Party Leadership, have no desire to support and defend our written Constitution, and its defined and limited grants of power. On the other hand, the twenty holdouts, now referred to by spinless Dan Crenshaw as “terrorists”, are more inclined than others, to take their oath of office seriously and speak out when the constitution is being “sabotaged” by those entrusted to defend it.

SEE: THE UNIPARTY RUNS DEEP: FOX and Friends Hosts Call 20 Rebel Republicans “Insurrectionists” and “Saboteurs” (VIDEO)

Seems to me a number of Fox News personalities may be the real “saboteurs” of our Constitutionally limited “Republican Form of Government” by repeatedly ignoring Congress’ never ending passage of un-constitutional Acts, especially its spending for objects not authorized by our Constitution’s text nor its documented legislative intent, which gives context to its text. The most recent case being the omnibus spending bill. But hey, that is how Congress, and our Washington insiders get to plunder our federal treasury and spread its content in a manner to fatten the fortunes of the “inside crowd”.

JWK

When Federal Reserve Notes were made a legal tender in violation of our Constitution, and a direct un-apportioned tax was imposed upon the people without their consent, America’s free enterprise, free market system was subjugated, and the tools of oppression were made available to some very immoral and nefarious evil people.

1 Like

That’s not debate that we can see.

That’s behind the door deal making.

You said you were enjoying seeing debate.

Why would Trump support a liberal republican?

McCarthy is not liberal by republican standards. That’s crazy talk.

84% Lifetime Conservative Rating from the ACU, which is the gold standard for rating conservatives.

You can never be too rich, too thin, or too right wing I guess.

There are no conservatives left in Congress, they’ve been purged to appease Trump. Congress is now lousy with Reactionaries.

Kind of makes one wistful, conservatism is stilted and Reactionary in itself, but paraphrasing Walter from the Big Lebowski, say what you will about conservatism, at least it’s an ethos.

The current crop of reactionaries don’t even have that.

2 Likes

He voted with his own party 53% of the time (like a coin flip).

Trump is not a conservative, not even close.

Should I repeat my other arguments (like “the conservative caucus opposes him,” “conservatives on social media are accusing him of war on conservatives,” and “he is offering concessions to conservatives to try to get the gavel?”)

I am open to ideas about which category of “not conservative” he is
(opportunist, congressman-for-sale, RINO whatever)
but there is no way to look at the current discussion and say “He is a conservative and conservatives love him.”

1 Like

Yeah, but as has been pointed out, those stats are skewed because he is part of leadership. He has to vote with the D on some compromises he negotiates. And those votes count against him.

Why do you think Hannity is calling for him to be speaker?

These 20 GOPers aren’t ‘the conservative caucus’. There are plenty more conseravtives - people that actaully have written bills and gotten things past - in the GOP supporting McCathy.

Hannity, MTG, Steve scalice and several dozen others disagree with you.

:roll_eyes:

Republican standards or constitutionalist conservative standards?

Try keeping up with the distinction.

JWK

Why have a written constitution, approved by the people, if those who it is meant to control are free to make it mean whatever they wish it to mean?