McCarthy Threatens Endless War With Conservatives

Nah, Maxine is making the rounds and telling it like it is.

:rofl:

You should read that thread.

1 Like

I did. Fun stuff. :rofl:

That is why there is the narrative out there that was mentioned. It’s everywhere. Can’t get away from it.

Woops! :laughing:

What? That just shows the lengths people are going to, to spread that narrative. It’s rather hilarious.

It doesn’t help when you look at the title of this thread and what McCarthy/his aides are saying and doing to try and make this work. They are all over the place and the narrative gathers steam when he or his people start talking about getting the dems to back him up or even vore present so his threshold is lower.

It’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

Good question. I used to appreciate many of his public comments, but now, instead of putting an actual proposal on the table and in front of “conservative” leaders which would actually encourage Congress to practice sound fiscal policies, such as the FAIR SHARE BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT, Gaetz decides to act irresponsible and cast a meaningless vote.

JWK

When Federal Reserve Notes were made a legal tender in violation of our Constitution, and a direct un-apportioned tax was imposed upon the people without their consent, America’s free enterprise, free market system was subjugated, and the tools of oppression were made available to some very immoral and nefariously evil people.

I knooooooooow rite? Can you imagine destroying one of the most beautiful cities in the world, filling it with homeless people and feces in the streets…and this qualifies you to be Speaker of the House?

2 Likes

I think you misunderstand.

Try this:

• Imagine the Dem’s nominate someone for a leadership position, he has al ot of support but
  • The “Gay rights wing” of the party objects
  • the Gay rights wing of the party blocks his path to the leadership position.
  • He offers to make concession to the gay rights wing.
  • On social media and Hannity.com gay rights advocates claiming “He want to declare war on gay rights.”

Obviously that man is not a gay rights advocate.
Obviously that man is weak on gay issues.

Now take out “Obviously that man is not a gay rights advocate,” and insert “Obviously that man is not a conservative issues advocate,” and you have the current situation with Kevin McCarthy.

2 Likes

They (woke libs ) prefer McCarthy to the more conservative reps which means McCarthy is less desirable for conservatives than some others.

That the supporters of such radicals such as The Squad and Nancy Pelosi prefer McCarthy should be our 1st clue.

Or as Bill Engle says “There’s your sign”.

2 Likes

Seriously- we are not super excited about a McCarthy Speakership.

This is what y’all should be nervous about. I give it a very low chance but if this goes on forever, some moderate Republicans might want to cut a deal with the Dems to put in a truly moderate Speaker- not just a squishy windsock MAGA puppet like McCarthy.

Yes. Exactly.
Look around and you see

• Conservative caucus blocks McCarthy
  • McCarthy offers concessions to conservatives
  • Conservatives on social media accuse McCarthy of attacking conservative causes.
  • Liberals bash GOP for opposing McCarthy.
  • Heritage says McCarthy seldom votes with his own party
  • at least one rating site rates McCarthy the second most liberal House Republican

How anyone can read that and say “Duh, McCarthy is the darling boy of conservatives. He is one of the most conservative members of his party,” is sincerely beyond me. SMH

2 Likes

Okay, so good luck with that. It’s been a winning strategy thus far.

No we get why conservatives can see McCarthy as a squish windsock. He rolls with whatever he thinks will maintain his power.

For example, he came out forcefully against Trump after Jan 6 and said he was responsible for the insurrection. Then when the MAGA crowd was mad at him for turning on Trump, he quickly went on a plane to kiss Trump’s ring in Mar A Lago. He does what is convenient.

Today he is so beholden to the bomb throwers on the Far Right that he will do everything they demand in order to keep power.

I’m arguing that he is a liberal, by republican standards, as liberal as they get.

If you are saying “actually he just does not have a soul and is for sale to the highest bidder,” I can not object. I have no evidence to differentiate between those two theses.

2 Likes

So a Republican with no soul.

So 90% of the party voted or McCarthy.

You think they should bend to the 10%? Why?

Where are you seeing debate?

I see nominating speeches, and vote counts, in which the D beats the R time and time again.

No debate.

Well you are reading the laughter as support for McCarthy so i guess it’s only fair that we read McCarthy windsock like demeanor as being supported by conservatives.

No one else wants the job.

Our family had this very conversation in 2020.