Masking School Children

Donald Trump has said that heat, humidity and sunlight can kill coronavirus. Speaking at the White House on Thursday, the president cited a new Department of Homeland Security science and technology directorate report, saying: ‘The scientists at DHS have released a report offering how the virus reacts to different temperatures, climates and surfaces.

‘The findings confirm the virus survives better in colder, drier environments and does less well in warmer and more humid environments.

‘I have to say that very excitingly, we are going to have somebody up in just a little while. He’s going to be talking about how the virus reacts in sunlight. Wait until you hear the numbers. you won’t even believe them.’

Trump added: ‘We are going to watch very closely for the invisible enemy. With each passing day we’re learning more about this enemy.’

From April 23, 2020…Trump.

Nothing, as the mask mandates did not demonstrate that they were efficacious.

1 Like

That is horrible and totally believable. The kids need us to speak up for them. They can’t fight back at all.

Increased transmission by omicron is due to a higher viral load in the upper respiratory tract, not increased air time.

BS! My middle school grandchild had to wear the damned thing inside and outside the classroom with teachers and staff breathing down the necks of students whose masks fall below their nose.

The mandate may vary from state to state but in my “blue” state that was the case but thankfully, as of yesterday, mask mandates were lifted for all public buildings and public schools.

Combo of vax rates, case rates and death rates (d/dt) looking favorable. Add in Covid fatigue and a change in risk tolerance in the population…

1 Like

A change in risk tolerance in about HALF the population.

The Brandon half…that was why he needed to win and HE DID!!

Well not mine. I am in super lib California.

1. @Jezcoe why the like? You know nothing about parenting.

2 . My OP is not confusing anything. All these rules were supposedly based on science. Where’s the science here? Do you give kids soap and water when they sneeze? What if they sneeze, but not into their hand? What soap do they use?

Do they do it every time you tell them or do they go in there and turn the water on? Do they do it at school? Are they allowed to?

1. I’m a liberal. I don’t struggle with risk reduction. I struggle with you deciding what reduces my risk.
1 Like

Horse feathers.

Outcome

Outcome

Outcome

Scoring it like a football game is not science.

Not sciencey at all. Might as well add in polling needs and Canadian trucks.

2 Likes

Now you’re just throwing feces. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Throwing it back.

1 Like

Yes, an 18th century liberal. Time to catch up.

1 Like

As always. :grinning:

1 Like

They’re grooming kids to comply to authoritarians, make no mistake it’s what they’re doing. They given up on adults but kids are fair game.

4 Likes

Judging by the fall off in Omicron cases, I think it’d be a great idea to end mask mandates…and foreign traveler (including truckers!!) vaccine mandates by the end of February or perhaps March 15th. Maybe we can all agree!!!

2 Likes

A little longer than I said- but its happening already. Rejoice!

How about there shouldn’t ever been a vaccination mandate…can we all agree with that?

4 Likes

The only reason I can think to “set a date” is if you hope something will change between now and then that would not make you have to do it.

1 Like