Market rout wipes out 2 years of trumps rally

Wrong…again

1 Like

I suppose your calling people stupid is an example of how liberals are elitists who look down on people? By that standard every time Trump told people they should feel richer because their 401K’s were up, he was treating them as stupid because they were not taking the available profits.

Then by all means explain to us how airline cancellations are impacting the supply of manufactured goods.

I’m neither a liberal nor an elitest and I understand what it means to sell at a profit or a loss.

Every single airlines out there has a robust cargo/ freight department that is not only utilized when sigma6 certified chains run into unexpected issues(although expensive) but also as a primary transport choice for many other industries. From pharmaceuticals to car parts. Air freight accounts full a full third of all trades values with , last I read, was over 5trillion worldwide.

Cancellation of flights means those cargo holds are not being utilized and so things are shipping. It’s basic logistics 101…Google better.

4 Likes

Passenger flights are being cancelled. I’ve seen no interruption in air freight.

Even if we do all that would accomplish is a three week delay.

Cancellation of flights is interuption of air freight. You think delta is going to ship mostly empty passenger free A330 across the ocean?
Over 70 airlines have suspended flights to China and that includes their cargo operation like IAS Cargo for example.

4 Likes

Well this would certainly would be more believable if you were an airline pilot or something.

9 Likes

Being a lib, of course I don’t understand math by definition, but the S&P has fallen ~480 points from its high this year. Is 480 greater or lesser than 10% of 3,390?

1 Like

Have all cargo flights out of China been cancelled?

We’re discussing the Dow.

You said no interruption, now it is all? Dance WR dance!

2 Likes

Well anything you order online from China today, 28 Feb, will have an estimated delivery date some time in late April or early May, so you tell me.

Unless there’s an actual drop in volume and shipping times it’s not an interruption.

At worst it would be a delay even if there were no cargo flights out of China.

Gee, and nothing other than air freight services could be causing a delay could it?

You know, like maybe shut down production lines and warehouses because of the epidemic?

Oh, well, then.

The Dow is down ~4,400 points from its peak of 29,560. Is 4400 more or less than 10% of that?

And, of course, the Dow is much less representative than the S&P 500.

3 Likes

Representative how? According to whom?

If it stays for any length of time 10% or more off the 52wk high yes we can call it a correction.

The Dow isn’t even an index…

2 Likes

:joy_cat:

1 Like

Wow, tell us something else we already knew!