Manafort's bail revoked -- he's going to jail until his trial

Honestly, that whole hypocrisy argument that both sides are using doesn’t really matter to me in the long run. What’s important is what is all the reports we’ve heard since Trump came into office and the new stuff we’re hearing every day. No matter how much we bring up the hypocrisy, the people who should agree never will. It’s a waste of time, pretty much, to even argue this. Bob Mueller needs to finish his job and do what he’s being paid to do. And have success.

How long until Manafort gets really pumped and has a couple of teardrop tattoos?

1 Like

Nah… I am hoping for a really big Men in Black flashy thing.

He never dissapoints.

Err, how do you know he committed an additional crime???

Isn’t that what a TRIAL is supposed to decide?

The standard for revoking bail is usually if someone becomes a flight risk or a danger to others.

Think that is the case??

M

Or he breaks conditions of his bail

Witness tampering is a big no no.

And AGAIN, how do we know that? Isn’t that what a trial should decide? He is being charged with witness tampering and that is why his bail was revoked.

Isn’t that what a trial is supposed to decide?

Alan Dershowitz is right:

“He has never been convicted of anything. He is as innocent as you and I,” Dershowitz said in an interview on MSNBC on Friday. “And the idea of locking somebody up before a trial is so obnoxious to our Constitution that every civil libertarian should be up in arms. What they can do if they think that he’s tampering with witnesses is: They can subject him to home arrest, take away his computer … they can have all kinds of restrictions, but the idea of putting somebody in jail before they’ve been convicted is an enactment of civil liberties.”

M

How do you know he did that? Was he CONVICTED of that at a trial?

M

Hey, here’s a tip for the dimwits out there: if a guy is out on bail on a robbery charge, and is arrested for another robbery, his bail gets revoked by a judge. No conviction required. You would agree that’s appropriate, in fact you would piss your pants publicly if the judge did otherwise.

To break the analogy down into simple bits: if a guy out on bail gives substantial reason, based on evidence, to believe he’s committed additional, and in this case related, crimes, then his bail’s likely to get revoked. Admit it: if it were Hillary, in the exact same set of circumstances, you’d be here squealing like a stuck pig if her bail were NOT revoked. You’d be screeching your little head off about a rigged Derp State system, or some such ■■■■■

4 Likes

No, he was ordered not to contact witnesses as a condition of his bail, and he didn’t.

His bail was revoked like anyone else who violates their bail conditions. How is that difficult to understand?

You should really stop now. Go have a cookie.

1 Like

The charge that Manafort tried to tamper with witnesses is a NEW charge - NOT something that he was previously charged with, so your analogy is for ■■■■■

Like with ANY charge they have to prove it in a court of law. Until then he is INNOCENT, is he not?

I’m not going to admit any such stupid thing. You are INNOCENT until proven guilty in a court of law. Paul Manafort is a danger to NO ONE and is NO flight risk. There is NO GOOD REASON he needs to be in jail. This is a prosecutor trying to get Manafort to plead guilty and save him from having to prove his case - it’s as simple as that.

M

Why are you bothering me with that?

It’s unseemly and childish. More importantly, it is a BORE - the worst sin of all.

M

Law & Order folks my ass.

I’ve been right on so much stuff about these people. Living among them for almost 60 years will do that.

1 Like

Lol yeah all of a sudden Alan Dershowitz has never heard of anyone getting their bail revoked or sitting courtside before their trial.

What a ■■■■■■■ joke. How bad has he sold out?

3 Likes

That’s not what bail is dude.

Boo hoo hoo.

And you know he did this HOW? He was charged with doing that but isn’t that what a trial is supposed to determine, or INSTEAD do we go right to the punishment phase and by-pass this whole dumb “court-of-law” and “innocent-until-proven-guilty” thing?

M

Okay, BYE BYE!!!

M