Manafort Hearing at 10am. Predicitions?

Welp

Ayup.

This could change his calculus on the whole thing.

Turns out tampering with witnesses wasn’t really in his best interest.

1 Like
2 Likes

Manafort seemed to go out of his way to make this happen. Jeebus.

But he really had nothing to do with the Trump campaign, so no biggie.

Maybe. Although, I suspect he is still allergic to polonium.

1 Like

lulubee17h
Tomorrow is Manafort’s day to be tossed in jail.

:slight_smile:

Only the finest people!

Good point.

Definitely a hard choice, but I’d think if the end game were to go to trial, say nothing, and hope for a pardon versus a literally radioactive deat, staying out of jail in the meantime would be better interim solution than taking the risk jiggering witnesses before trial.

Even if the plan is to get himself in custody before flipping, I don’t think jail is a safe haven from the folks he’d anger by doing so.

I’m having a hard time understanding the ROI on what he did.

This is a dude who’s had a Russian oligarch pursuing him for a decade plus after ripping him off. He doesn’t seem to be a think before he acts type and, you know, he’s a scumbag.

1 Like

Yeah, he’s like a post-Cold War era Le Carre character come to life.

1 Like

That’s extremely accurate. He wrote a whole novel about guys like Manafort.

That is fair also. My only thought about why he thought he could or should do this, is because A) He knows he is dead to rights and maybe some underhanded shenanigans could help him escape justice and B) He did so much work in Ukraine and dealing with Russia for so many years that he forgot that not all justice systems are as easily manipulable as theirs. A combination of ignorance and arrogance.

“Manafort has nothing to do with our campaign.”
—The guy whose campaign Manafort managed for five months.

How soon do you expect we will start seeing posts on this board that Manafort had nothing to do with Trump’s campaign?

Momentarily, I suspect. The gaslighting will begin. It is all they have.