Manafort and Cohen..... Nothing Burgers?

Yeah, you go with that, Piper :joy::joy::joy:

I did. Are you ok? :roll_eyes:

We knew about the payoffs in that trump said he didnā€™t know about them and Cohen did it on his own and we knew about Russia interfering in our election in that it could have been anyone, could have been a 400 pound guy in New Jersey. Or the women who accused trump of assault who are all liars who heā€™ll sue if he wins or maybe it was MBS and maybe it wasnā€™t or they donā€™t know any Russians, no one in the campaign spoke with any Russians or basically anything Trump says on a daily basis. We knew all these things, in that we knew the opposite of whatever Trump says is true.

All weā€™ve heard for two years are lies.

3 Likes

Itā€™s your life. Happy trails!

Trump supporters seem desperate. Itā€™s all downhill from now.

Iā€™m ok - Is that a Boxer in your avatar? Iā€™ve loved and lost many Boxers in in the last 35 years.

2og3ob

4 Likes

Yes. Thatā€™s Bolt.

Iā€™m still full from that huge nothing burger I ate last night

1 Like

They think this is the end. I almost feel bad telling them this is the beginning.

Oh you knew about Russians reaching out to the campaign as far back to 2015? Manafort in contact with GRU?

Even after Trump gets out of office (however that might happen) and serves the time he gets if he does, the Trump family will be facing corrosive lawsuits and civil or criminal actions by state governments for a generation.

The veneer has been wiped off of their invulnerability. They used to wield attorneys like a cudgel to get their way. That will no longer work for them as every aggrieved contractor and jurisdiction collectively senses their inherent weakness.

This is, indeed, just the start.

Keep in mind, the real crime in the payoff to Stormy is not the payoff to stormy.

Itā€™s the payoff to Cohen.

That 420,000 dollars paid over 12 months to hide it as consulting constitutes an acknowledgement of the initial crime, plus, more importantly, laundering of campaign money THROUGH THE TRUMP ORGANIZATION, and likely involved the assent of the President. They basically turned the Trump Organization into a slush fund for the campaign. Sound familiar?

Thereā€™s a reason the CFO was granted immunity and I think that reason is to be able to describe the Presidentā€™s knowledge and likely state of mind.

This is just the beginning.

8 Likes

Itā€™s funny. Its like they didnt know how government works and thought by trump becoming president they could run things at get away with everything like their businesses

Trumpā€™s organization is a privately held company, so he has had no accountability in his professional career. When someone runs a publicly traded company, they have a board of directors over them. They have to answer to the stockholders through that board of directors, thus, they are use to accountability.

This is one of Trumpā€™s greatest weaknesses. He is not use to that accountability, thus thinks he can get away with anything.

That is proving to be a problem for him now.

2 Likes

i think a LOT of people donā€™t understand the difference. iā€™d say a ton donā€™t understand what the board of directors do.

now, iā€™m not saying that CEOs canā€™t hide stuff from the board but i am saying itā€™s much harder and there is accountability.

1 Like

He also seems to think that he has unlimited power to do whatever he wants. Which he (and his family) are quickly finding out isnā€™t anywhere near the truth. Being POTUS is not like sitting in Trump Tower.

1 Like

Itā€™s a ghost town in here with respect to the usual Trump cultists. Where are they all? Reality finally catching up to them? Have they figured out they supported a criminal and a horrible human being?

3 Likes

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouseā€¦

1 Like

Most Americans know bad behavior when seen. It can be forgiven (all politicians lie) explained away (heā€™s a counter puncher) and justified (the economy is good). But the behavior remains reprehensibly bad; defensive, insecure, petulant, peevish, careless, dishonest, lazy and stupid.

Most will eventually see it and reject it.

2 Likes

Itā€™s very difficult to defend the fact that the POTUS you adore and defend, is named as a co-conspirator in two felonies.

1 Like