Major ruling out of the 10th Circuit regarding Presidential Electors (Baca v Colorado Department of State)

Yes… It would take an amendment and the small states know what the college is for, even if dems have never been taught the history…

The electoral is the voice of middle America, taking that away is communism an act of communism…

How so?
You are robbing middle America of their voice, that’s text book communism.

No, it isn’t.

How so ?

What do you mean?

how is that not Communism raping middle America of their voice?

Communism is a socio-economic system, not a “raping of a voice”.

The word you are looking for is " Ochlocracy"

I find that very few people, regardless of political affiliation, truly understand the origins and intended function of the Electoral College.

First of all, the Electoral College was established on a premise that proved wrong within President Washington’s first administration, with the rise of two party system. The founders had wrongly presumed a no party system, with multiple, regional favorite son candidates. They had presumed that (with the exception of Washington) that no candidate would achieve an Electoral College majority and that the election would routinely go to the House of Representatives. With the two party system, the founder’s assumptions went out the windows and flaws of the original Electoral College system, the cross party result of 1796 and the Electoral College tie of 1800 led to the 12th Amendment.

The Electoral College worked as the founders intended on exactly ONE occasion, the Election of 1824. The death of the first party system ended the Federalist Party and split the Democratic-Republican Party into the Adams Republicans (forerunner of the present day Republican Party) and the Jacksonian Democrats (forerunner of the present day Democratic Party). Additionally two other short lived factions existed, causing a four way split in the Electoral College in 1824 and sending the election to the House of Representatives, where John Quincy Adams was elected as a result of the corrupt bargain. By 1828, the second party system had taken hold and the Electoral College has for the most part rubber stamped the popular vote winner, except in 1876, 1888, 2000 and 2016.

In 1876, the Democrats essentially agreed to surrender the Presidency, which they had rightfully won, in exchange for the end of reconstruction and the removal of Federal troops from the south, which resulted in the overthrow of the remaining carpetbag regimes in the south.

1888, 2000 and 2016 were all essentially anomalies.

But the thing to take away is that in 230 years and 58 Presidential elections, the Electoral College has functioned exactly ONCE as the founders intended, due to unique circumstances unlikely to be ever repeated.

6 Likes

Good post, I don’t know that I agree. What are your sources?

My sources are my excellent knowledge of American History. All that information is easily verifiable.

2 Likes

Touche

1 Like

Hi everyone. I an new here. First post here in my life. Not sure about the rules.
I read them. I am a nice guy.
I just came over from the Maddowblog where I have been posting fot the past 6 years on MSNBC’S Site. Maybe some of you have seen me one there. I am used to be attacked on a personal level everyday for being a Trump supporter. I am well informed on what is going on and has happened in the 2016 and Trump presidency. Among many things I have copied and pasted the entire content of whitehouse.gov
I have written 178 Trump songs. I have every Trump schedule, and most all 1600 Dailys and west wing reads and resolute reads. I copied and pasted every Trump tweet. I have every msnbc headline since january 4, 2017 organized into categories. I have so much more too. I watch Fox News 12 hours a day for the past 3 years. Everyday for the most part. Well , until the Mddowblofg comes back from whatever work they are doing on it, I will be on here I guess.
By the well , I mis spelll a lot. on posting. It is not intentional.

Correct me if I am wrong please,
Aren’t the electors picked at the national convention for each State?
And thusif they are Republicans and the national convention and are picked because they support the nominee, wouldn’t they always vote for the nominee if he wins the State anyway?

What does your excellent knowledge tell you about Federalist 68?

Welcome to the board.

Please don’t throw stuff like that in the middle of the thread, please don’t post 4k msnbc headlines or any of that other stuff.

Be advised we ABSOLUTELY DO NOT tolerate spelling errors of any kind.

Enjoy.

1 Like

:smile:

The expectation of Hamilton and his cronies regarding the Electoral College were exactly the sort of erroneous expectations that were quickly proven to be erroneous once the government started operating.

The body of virtuous men promised by Hamilton quickly gave way to party hacks.

I am completely missing you point about intent.

I will offer that despite all else, it has served to keep those fruits and nuts from California and all the other ant beds from choosing the President.

Hamilton the ■■■■ bag knew he was lying when he said it. He considered himself virtuous.

1 Like

He’s right you know.

you%20think%20this%20is%20a%20game